Forum Discussion

Chris10
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

STP2 - assigning payroll categories

Hi- we will move to STP2 after EOFY - just wondering if all payroll categories ( including unused/ old/ allocated a z to move out of range ) will all require a STP2 payroll category assigned  -  ie will it stop me from transitioning if there is even one payroll category that hasnt been given a STP2 Reporting Category? 

Thanks Chris 

• Hi Chris10

If those payroll categories have been payroll used in the current and previous payroll year they will be included in the check and will need to be assigned.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.  

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Chris10

Thanks for your post. Wages, superannuation and deduction payroll categories used in the current and previous payroll year are included in the check. Each of these must have an ATO reporting category assigned. By default, this is set to To be assigned, so you know what payroll categories still need assigning. More information on this is available on our help article Getting ready for STP Phase 2. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Chris10
      Experienced User

Hi Melisa,

thanks for your quick reply.

If some of the payroll categories that are old/ unused are left with the To Be Assigned category- will this still allow us to transition to STP2 ? 

thanks

Chris 

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Chris10

If those payroll categories have been payroll used in the current and previous payroll year they will be included in the check and will need to be assigned.

Flav45
      Experienced User

Hi Melisa

I have checked all payroll catagories and they are all asigned 

but when  i try to do Send Update Event it comes with an error

!You must specify a category.

what can this be where can i look find the problem?

thanks 

Flavia

Flav45
        Experienced User

I have been trying to update to ATO but am getting You must specify a category.error 

I have checked all the catergories but cannot find what the problem is

Can you please help?

thanks 

Flavia