Forum Discussion

catherinehu
Experienced User
9 months ago
Solved

Timesheet questions

Dear Experts,

I've just started looking into timesheet and payroll, and I need some time to play with before really use it. So, I have a couple of questions to start with.

(1) If I enter some timesheets, whether or not they are used for payroll, do they affect anything else?

(2) If I delete a timesheet, will this affect the payroll based on it?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi, catherinehu 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We are glad to hear that you are starting to look into timesheets. Regarding your first question about whether it will affect anything if you enter timesheets, this will not affect anything, whether timesheets will be used for payroll or not. Also, if payroll has been processed and you want to delete the timesheet used, the system will not allow you to delete it. However, if the timesheet is not used when processing the pay run, you will still be able to delete the timesheet, and this will not affect the payroll. You can check The Help Article: Timesheets for further information on how to use timesheets.

Please let us know if you still require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, catherinehu 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We are glad to hear that you are starting to look into timesheets. Regarding your first question about whether it will affect anything if you enter timesheets, this will not affect anything, whether timesheets will be used for payroll or not. Also, if payroll has been processed and you want to delete the timesheet used, the system will not allow you to delete it. However, if the timesheet is not used when processing the pay run, you will still be able to delete the timesheet, and this will not affect the payroll. You can check The Help Article: Timesheets for further information on how to use timesheets.

Please let us know if you still require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

catherinehu
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen_P ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. That's very clear! You're so great! Thanks! :)

catherinehu
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen_P ,

Sorry, another question.

Because we don't really care how many hours our employees work on individual days, we only care the total hours an employee work fortnightly, can I enter (actually import) timesheets by simply putting total hours on one day (say Monday)? Will MYOB think that's overtime (for example, 67 hours a day) or anything strange?

I tested this, and looks it's OK, but I want to confirm from experts before I use.

Thanks once again!!

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, catherinehu 

Thanks for your response.

You can enter the total number of hours worked in one day. Kindly make sure that when you enter the number of hours, the payroll category used is base hourly so that it will not have a different calculation. Also, MYOB will not recognise it as overtime. However, if are still unsure, we recommend speaking with your accountant for further information regarding the concern.

Please let us know how it goes. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi catherinehu,

You're welcome! If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.

Issue resolved will be closing this case now.

Regards,
    Earl

TrevR73
      User

I am an approving manager for my team.

Employees have asked if they can enter the total number of hours worked in a day in lieu of start/ finish + break start/ finish.

I've googled this and can't find an article I can direct our payroll officer to.

Can this be done?  If so, can you direct me to instructions?

Thanks,

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TrevR73

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. We thank you for bringing your inquiry with us. We regret that you are having issues if you can enter the total number of hours worked in a day in lieu. We appreciate your patience and effort during this time.

Regarding your question, for time in lieu, employees do not have the ability to enter the total number of hours worked in a day, including start/finish and break start/finish. Time in lieu follows a different process, and you can find more information and instructions about this in our Help Article titled "Time in lieu."

However, if you would like a change to be brought to this preference, we encourage you to post on our Product Ideas Exchange Board for consideration and we will ensure that we pass on your suggestions to the team. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
        Leneth