Forum Discussion

CompleteStaff
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

What STP category is used for Novated Leases

Hi, I am trying to set up a Novated Lease in MYOB Accountright. I am assuming I need to set up two deductions with the pre tax deduction set to PAYG exempt.

What Single Touch Payroll Category do I use for the deductions?

Thanks in Advance.

Jason

• CompleteStaff 

Hi Jason

Generally speaking novated leases would be set up as Salary Sacrifice (employee purchases) in AccountRight. If a salary sacrifice deduction is exempt from FBT it's usually not reportable, however, I would recommend checking with the ATO to make sure you do assign the correct ATO reporting category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • CompleteStaff 

Hi Jason

Generally speaking novated leases would be set up as Salary Sacrifice (employee purchases) in AccountRight. If a salary sacrifice deduction is exempt from FBT it's usually not reportable, however, I would recommend checking with the ATO to make sure you do assign the correct ATO reporting category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

CompleteStaff
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thankyou for your response. The lease is exempt from FBT and have marked not reportable.

Thankyou for your help.

Jason