Forum Discussion

recent_0519
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

Working Holiday Maker wages

Hi There,

We have a new staff for Working Holiday Maker currently.

Could someone help me for how set it up in MYOB. I've been using verison MYOB AccountRight  Plus 2023.10.

Thank you very much for the help.

Sherry

7 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi recent_0519

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Setting up staff in MYOB AccountRight for Working Holiday Makers involves creating employee records and ensuring that relevant tax settings are configured to comply with the tax rules applicable to Working Holiday Makers. 

To set up a new staff for Working Holiday Maker, go to the Card File command center and click Cards List >> Click the Employee tab >> Click the zoom arrow to open the employee's card >> Click the Payroll Details tab Click Taxes tab (on the left) >> Enter the employee's Tax File Number. If they do not have one, they can apply for one and provide it to you >> In the Tax Table field, choose the applicable Working Holiday Maker tax table. If you are not sure which one to choose, check with the ATO >> For the Income Type, choose Working holiday maker and choose the employee's Country of origin >> Click OK. 

Our Help Article: Working holidaymakers will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

recent_0519
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Leneth,

I've set it up at the first place before I ask the support. the matter was the manager did not tell me what the country is that the WHM come from.

So, I could not sent out STP to ATO. That was why I'd have a help from MYOB support team.

Up to today, when I entered the country and the STP report is able to be sent out.

Thank you very much for your support.

Sherry 

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi recent_0519

Thank you for the update on this. We are glad that you were able to send out the STP report to ATO. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to start a post again and one of our moderators will attend to it. 

Cheers,   
        Leneth

• Good afternoon, I have set up an employee as the Working Holiday Maker - Registered Tax Table. This is currently set at 15% tax. He is above he threshold and has requested I deduct 32.5% tax. How do I do that please?  Thank you

recent_0519
      Experienced Cover User

Hi There, 

Please see below:

Setting up staff in MYOB AccountRight for Working Holiday Makers involves creating employee records and ensuring that relevant tax settings are configured to comply with the tax rules applicable to Working Holiday Makers. 

To set up a new staff for Working Holiday Maker, go to the Card File command center and click Cards List >> Click the Employee tab >> Click the zoom arrow to open the employee's card >> Click the Payroll Details tab Click Taxes tab (on the left) >> Enter the employee's Tax File Number. If they do not have one, they can apply for one and provide it to you >> In the Tax Table field, choose the applicable Working Holiday Maker tax table. If you are not sure which one to choose, check with the ATO >> For the Income Type, choose Working holiday maker and choose the employee's Country of origin >> Click OK. 

Regards

Sherry

MDSB
        User

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have done the above. How do I change the PAYG to deduct 32.5% please?

Thank you

Steph

• Can I set up another PAYG withholding category to make up the additional tax to 32.5%?