Forum Discussion

Clinton_ELA
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Avoiding a double Super payment and STP

We have had a glick in our MYOB data file and need to reprocess a months worth of transactions, including Wages and a Super payment.

How do I reprocess the Super for the month without the money being taken from the account again?

How do I reprocess wages & salaries without double declaring PAYG to the ATO? 

• Hello Tracey

Thanks for the reply.

The problem I am having is with the Super payment and reversing the transaction.

I have already re-processed the Super payment on 11.2.2022 and it is showing as "Pending Authorisation" in the Payroll Manage Payments window.

I've been trying to reverse the transaction but get an error message about transactions being recorded in a locked period. 

I am doing the reverse transaction on 11.02.2022 and the file is locked for transactions before 1.7.2021.

Therefore this can not be the problem.

I've tried removing the Lock Period and processing the reversal on today's date, but I get the same error.  

Attached are screen grabs of the error message and security tab in preferences.

Do you have any idea why I can not reverse the transaction?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Clinton_ELA 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. STP updates the YTD amounts each time a report is sent, each report overrides the previous one. If you've got payruns not recorded in AccountRight they won't be included in the YTD amounts in the AccountRight payroll reports. Once you reprocess those pays the AccountRight YTD amounts are updated and sent to the ATO, overriding the previously reported figures.

So as far as STP goes you just to check that the YTD amounts in the AccountRight payroll reports match the YTD amounts in the YTD verification report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab).

For the super payment, process the payment through the Pay Liabilities window. this will create the transaction that can be matched with the bank feed without deducting the payment from your bank account again.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Clinton_ELA
      Experienced User

Hello Tracey

Thanks for the reply.

The problem I am having is with the Super payment and reversing the transaction.

I have already re-processed the Super payment on 11.2.2022 and it is showing as "Pending Authorisation" in the Payroll Manage Payments window.

I've been trying to reverse the transaction but get an error message about transactions being recorded in a locked period. 

I am doing the reverse transaction on 11.02.2022 and the file is locked for transactions before 1.7.2021.

Therefore this can not be the problem.

I've tried removing the Lock Period and processing the reversal on today's date, but I get the same error.  

Attached are screen grabs of the error message and security tab in preferences.

Do you have any idea why I can not reverse the transaction?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Clinton_ELA 

We are aware that having a lock period set in the file will generate that error when trying to reverse a Pay super transaction. Remove the lock period and make sure you close and reopen the Manage payments window before trying to reverse that payment.

Please let me know if you need further help.