Forum Discussion

Wazza1
User
19 days ago

Changing Income Account for past sales

I have a reason to change the 'Income Account' for some of the sales we make so I can get separate listings for these in the P&L.  I have had no problem changing the 'Income Account' for the selected items however I would like to know if there is a way to apply the new 'Income Account' to past sales.  All past sales currently remain listed in the P&L under the old income accounts.

5 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Wazza1,

Thank you for reaching out with your question about updating the "Income Account" for past sales, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

To change the income account of the past sales, you can do the transferring of money between accounts. It's the easiest way on how to apply the past sales to the new income account. To do this, you can click here for more information as well as the detailed steps.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Wazza1
      User

Thanks Doreen but that's an insane amount of work and I'm disappounted about that.  When I amended the 'Income account for tracking sales' the amendment went back to all sales after the last roll over period (nearly three years) .  I thought if the tracking account amendment automatically went back to 1 June 2022 then the allocation would also have been adjusted accordingly (back to 1 June 2022).

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Wazza1 

I am unclear on what you are seeing in your last 2 posts, however changing a setting in MYOB typically only applies to transactions recorded after the change. Existing transactions are not affected. 

Rather than adjusted past sales, it might be easier to do a general journal to transfer the value of the past sales from one income account to another - that should solve the P&L display issue.

Regards

Gavin