CarolDuncan
Experienced User
14 days ago
New

Make Cost Centre editable after transaction is paid

Hi there - as a new user of Cost Centres late in the financial year, I'm finding it frustrating not being able to change the cost centre once the transaction has been paid. This means if an error has been made you have to remove the payment on it, then change the cost centre. Of course if it was in payroll, you would have to reverse the whole pay and resubmit. Seems like a lot of effort is required to change what is a simple allocation. Any chance this can remain editable even after being processed/paid? 

1 Comment

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CarolDuncan,

Thanks for posting. I know how frustrating it can be. Currently, once a transaction has been paid, the cost center associated with it cannot be changed directly in MYOB. This is to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your financial records. However, I understand that errors can occur and adjustments may be needed.

To correct the cost center allocation for a paid transaction, you would indeed need to remove the payment, adjust the cost center, and then reapply the payment. For payroll transactions, it would require reversing the pay and resubmitting it. I understand that this can be a bit of a process for what seems like a simple allocation change.

Your feedback is very valuable, and I appreciate that you've posted it to our Product Ideas board for consideration. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

In the meantime, feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Shella