Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Security Certificate issues - revocation / Payroll Reporting Declaration issues

Hi,

I'm having issues logging into MYOB since last week. It is extremely slow to load and then has displayed the Securiy Alert for revocation of the security certificate. 

I've have followed the steps from other posts regarding reloading the Certificate manually as shown below,

MYOB POST:

The reason for the message is that a trusted root certificate is missing. To correct the situation, you will need to install the certificate manually. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Download the required root certificate. https://symantec.tbs-certificats.com/vsign-universal-root.cer
  • Double click the downloaded .cer file.
  • Click Open.
  • Click Install Certificate.
  • Select Local Machine and click Next.
  • Select Place all certificates in the following store.
  • Click Browse.
  • Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
  • Click Next.
  • Click Finish.
  • You can now open AccountRight Live and login as normal.

I can login into MYOB but its still extremely slow.

I'm also having issues while Processing Payroll, particularily the Payroll Reporting Declaration - it will not submit through MYOB and each time I have to continue without declaring then login into the Payroll Reporting Centre and submit each pay run seperately to the ATO.  Is this to do with the Certificate Issue? 

Would love some help please as this is costing us time and money to solve that is really not appreciated.

Regards,

Marika

4 Replies

• Further to this, I recieved 2 emails stating my account was blocked

We detected suspicious activity in your MYOB account.

If this is your IP address follow the Unblock link. Otherwise disregard this email.

IP

Perth, Australia

UNBLOCK

I followed the prompt and unblocked the account. This may also be due to the certificate issue.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Marika2024,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Thank you for attempting to install the certificate manually. If the installation of the certificate did not resolve the issue, please consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.

Regarding the payroll submission matter, could you kindly inform me if you encountered any error messages? This information will assist us in further investigating the issue.

Would you mind sending me a private message with the following details?

• Serial number
      • Full name and email address
      • Screenshot of the error message encountered when declaring the pay run

I look forward to receiving your response soon!

Cheers, 

Princess

Marika2024
        User

Thanks for your response Princess_R 

With regards to the Security Certificate issues:

I uninstalled the MYOB app and then reinstalled it as you suggested.

I then followed the above instructions again to install the security certificate manually.

The MYOB app then took several attempts to login - every time i entered the email address, after chosing the company file, it would stall and revert back to the blank email address window again.  it eventually allowed me to input the password, however the password screen was distorted. 

The app is still very slow.

Is there any other options to improve the above?

I'll run the payroll tomorrow and get you the details you requested then.

Cheers,

Marika