Job Profit & Loss Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Job Profit & Loss Report

Hello

when comparing a year to date report for Profit & Loss and Job profit and loss there is a differnce in interest received. the job p & L has a higher ineterst amount but when checking the G/L account it shows the lower amount.

AJ
9 REPLIES 9
AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Job Profit & Loss Report

Hello

When comparing a year-to-date report for Profit & Loss and Job profit and loss there is a difference in interest received. The job p & L has a higher interest amount but when checking the G/L account it shows a lower amount.

I have not had a reply to this post.

AJ
AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Bank account does not reconcile

Hello

Two bank accounts do not reconcile due to interest. I have followed the steps and deleted items but the reconcile accounst and find transactions do not agree.

AJ
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AJQ 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query.

If this is still outstanding the Job Profit and Loss shows all transactions associated with for an account with a certain job attached. The Profit and Loss report shows all transactions associated with an account regardless of whether it has a job or not or the actual job.

If you have narrowed it down to an account that is different you would be looking at running the General ledger detail report for that account to ensure that all transactions have a job and that the job is the same job you are using on that Job Profit and Loss report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

Can you please send a link for a private message so I can attach deatils of the errors?

AJ
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AJQ 

You are welcome to upload any screenshots through this Community Forum using the Choose File option when composing your post OR the Photos option. 

We do recommend obscuring any sensitive data from the screenshots. This includes, but may not be limited to, business name/address information, card names and any identifiable information about the business.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

What I need to send has private information showing as it is about bank accounts.

I will only send it via proivate messge.

AJ
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AJQ 

Generally speaking, it would be fine to post the bank account balance assuming there is no other identifiable information in that report. However, you are welcome to send that information in a Forum private message to me if you would prefer. Note: That information would need to be in an image format to be uploaded via Forum private message.

It should be pointed out that a bank account should be set up as an Asset account and therefore not appear on the Profit and Loss report (which only shows Income, Cost of Sales, or Expense accounts). Also, job costings typically go against the allocation account which is not normally the bank account but rather an income or expense account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

AJQ
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Please send the private messgae link.

AJ
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @AJQ 

Thank you for your private message - however, the screenshots were not of a clear quality to view the full information.

In saying that, I can see from the screenshots that this appears you are looking at the Reconcile Accounts window to balance accounts. As such, I would be looking at Help Article: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations to investigate the out of balances within your Reconcile Accounts window. 

From a Job Profit and Loss balancing with the normal Profit and Loss point of view, the same principles I have mentioned in my previous post on this thread still apply. The transactions would need to have a job attached and that is the same one as what is being run for the Job Profit and Loss.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post