311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

311Posts

50Kudos

16Solutions

Re: Update -Improved Security- 2FA changes

Hi @Antoon ,

Thanks for the tip!  In the interim, you can navigate the Services menu and click the Sign-out option.

Sign out.PNG

In terms of these changes, it is rolled out phase by phase and the notifications were included on the login screen. However, I certainly hear and understand your frustration and I will relay this feedback to the relevant teams.

Hope this helps and once again thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj.

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

311Posts

50Kudos

16Solutions

Hi @Maddocks @melbdesk 

Thanks for your post! I would suggest doing a hard logout, as this would prompt you to log in.

Sign out.PNG

If you still experience issues after trying the hard log out, feel free to send a private message with email details & serial number and I will look into this further.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

I dont see how this actually resolves the issue here.

I can do a hard logout via services>signout of accountright live>logout and yes it does prompt me for a password and 2FA when I log back in.

HOWEVER, the issue is if I File>Exit out of the file or simply exit by closing using X, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE A PASSWORD to access the program.  As I have pointed out repeatedly THIS IS NOT SECURE!!!

What is MYOB doing to rectify this?????

DamienGM
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @PriyaSelvaraj 

Can we please get a time frame of when the changes listed in the opening post will be implemented, esp 12 hours max login time? I've not manually logged out of my account (both on Desktop and Web) as I want to see when I will be kicked out automatically.

Regards

Damien

Lynch
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I too am not impressed with the changed security features and without any notification.  I originally had a password and 2FA via email and WITHOUT selecting trust this device for 30 days.  Now once I've logged in on the Monday and come back on the Tuesday it just goes straight into the software without requesting a 2FA.  As Lmcstack writes anyone can log onto your computer and would have access to your MYOB file.  This is not acceptable and MYOB are not giving us any options as to what level of security each individual would prefer.  Please revert back to allowing your customers to select the level of security they wish to utilise.  I know that you can sign out via the services menu which will clear "Trust this device for 30 days" but what perplexes me is that I haven't even selected the "trust this device for 30 days" option to start off with and therefore why I need to clear it via the sevices menu which is additional steps I shouldn't have to perform on a daily basis.

CHutchinson
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

Priya

I note your reference to the "we are making changes to .... blah blah blah............BUT WHERE do you tell everyone that has MYOB that you are taking ALL THE SECURITY measures off the program...

If you can show me where absolutely everyone and i mean every BUSINESS/COMPANY that uses MYOB for accounting has agreed to you taking this measure then i will reneg on all my negative posts.

Until that time, you need to fix this problem.  Its is a total lack of security.  Not one of your solutions has achieved anything, not one.

Cheryl Hutchinson

debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

6Kudos

3Solutions

I don't have the option to trust this device for 30 days anymore, why has this been removed?

PF_1
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

When this happened initially, I called your support line, who told me to untick the my.myob box .... now suddently we have two screens for log in.  And people who changed their passwords ..... wait for it .......... have to log in with their OLD and NEW passwords on the two different screens.  THIS IS REDICULOUS

'

We are your CUSTOMERS, you should listen to our requirements for security.  WE didn't ask to remove our security, MYOB did it.

Very simple, PUT IT BACK PLEASE!!!  I use XERO as well and honestly, none of this nonsence ever happens with them.  MYOB will lose even more customers to XERO if you continue with this and refuse to give us back our security.

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

311Posts

50Kudos

16Solutions

Hi @debm 

The option of" Trust this device for 30 days " is not removed. I would suggest trying the below step to get the option prompted.

If using,

• (AccountRight) signing out (Services menu > Sign out from AccountRight)
  • (MYOB Essentials) logging in using a different browser or computer.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

DamienGM
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @PriyaSelvaraj 

I think everyone wants the system to log us out of MYOB whenever we quit the Dektop app or close the broswer window, and only give us the option to stay logged in for 12 hours just like before. Or if the boffins at the head of MYOB really like to stay logged in by default (which is bad security wise.. but anyway) give the option to Not Remember Me - but this is the opposite to the normal conventions of everything else.

Regards

Damien

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post