18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Update -Improved Security- 2FA changes

Nothing has changed !!!!

Stop telling us how good you are and just fix the problem.

JillL1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

@PriyaSelvaraj 

As with other users we are floored that MYOB believe this is acceptable.    If I log out via the methods suggested then ANYONE can log in to the accounting file without a password.    This is clearly NOT improved security.    The 2FA option of 12 hours is OK, please re-instate the requirement for a password EVERYTIME we login.

This was one area of MYOB that was not broken - why "fix" it??    

JillL1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Could I put in a special request for an "OMG are you serious" button?    The "thumbs up" kudos button is just not cutting it!

CHutchinson
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read.  For the past 2 weeks BSI have had NOT SECURITY at all when signing in to MYOB.  Absolutely none.  But strangely enough, when i signed in to this FORUM i had to use the authenticator..................................what.

So anyone can get in to our Accounts but no one can get in to the Support Forum without security.  This is an absolute joke.

CHERYL HUTCHINSON

BARDEN - STEELDECK INDUSTRIES 

Looking elsewhere 

CHutchinson
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

That is exactly what the problem is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,theere is no security logging in at all now 

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

This update is not an improvement.   I would highly recommend that you revert to the previous iteration because this, in effect, provides no security on a regularly used device.  I am no security/cyber expert, but I am also not stupid.  This is not an acceptable solution.  

CHutchinson
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Absolutely agree, this lack of security is incredable.  

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Yes exactly!  You are required to input a password to access the Community Forum, but no password required to access the actual program that contains your highly confidential financial data!!  Completely absurd MYOB!!!

4evainaday
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry guys, after following this concern when advised an update will rectify this......it hasnt and I still do not have my security notifications prompt to enable to 2FA?

Adri

FreyaBrilliant
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

13Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Yeah, I'm rather upset about this. Not only on my behalf, but on behalf of all my clients, whose accounts are now vulnerable. I work both from the office and from home - at a minimum, the insta-login needs to only be available from one computer at a time, not all three of my office desktop, home desktop, and laptop, all at the same time.

This is not improved security, it is reduced security. Security for my clients' data should not be completely dependent on me having a dog to protect my computers when I'm not there.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post