19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Update -Improved Security- 2FA changes

I've not seemed to have the issue with being able to access files with no password/credentials (but have not done a log out and don't want to if it means it is less secure) but MYOB is not giving the option to log in for 12 hours as before and also very annoyingly is not saving email address so have enter everything every time.

This issue needs to be fixed as back when this was introduced you did the same thing and had to change it so you could stay logged in for 12 hours and it saved your email to make it easier to log in. Either way, these changes are less than user friendly and not what people want.

debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

The trust for 30 days is there when you receive the verification code, and I've just logged in and had to go through that process 4 times as I'm on another computer.  But every time I log in now I have to type in my email and then type in my password and there is no option to trust for 30 days, this was never the case before

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

171Posts

39Kudos

3Solutions

Test this myself as I couldn't belive this was the situation...

If I log out of AccountRight online from the Services tab the next time I start the program, it asks me to fill in my email address, password and then enter 2FA code from the Google Authentictaor app...just as i want it to be.

However if I exit the program from File, Exit when I return to open the program upon hitting the AR desktop icon it immediately opens the program without asking for an email address, password or a Google Authenticator app code.

So anyone can walk in and have full access to MYOB when I'm the only one with administrator rights.

PF_1
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Exactly .... and MYOB is not doing anything about it despite so many complaints!  I called them and the lady said so many people are complaining, she will let the development team know.  That was weeks ago, 15th September.

Jojomitch
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I am still having the issue where we can log in without password & 2FA. Please advise when the issue will be fixed?

MichaelN
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Good Morning,

Are there updates relating to two-factor verification?

Thanks

JillL1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

@PriyaSelvaraj 

Can you give an update please.    I have lodged a formal complaint via your feedback email as nothing seems to be happening here.     Can MYOB please give this some priority.

MichaelN
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

It would appear from the many posts there alot of unsatified customers. MYOB are most happy continue collecting monthly support payments. Talking of which we were previously charged support fee once a year, now we have to pay monthly but, I know of other users being charged yearly.

kusalmed
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am no security/cyber expert, but I am also not stupid.  This is not an acceptable solution.  

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

I'm using the desktop version, not the browser. Why on earth do I have to retype my email address every morning now? There's no option to remember it. Previously, it bugged me that I had to reenter my email address to do anything with superannuation payments even though I was already logged into the program. I'm all for security but this is crazy. There's already a password to get onto my laptop, which is required to turn off the screensaver if I walk away from my desk. 

Currently testing Xero/Quickbooks/Freshbooks intensively as alternatives to MYOB. Thanks for the prompt to add "Are 2FA requirements reasonable?" to the evalution checklist. Maybe they're the same, or worse even, but at least I'll know.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post