Re: NO character LIMITS on COMPANY NAME - NEW UPDATE too restrictive!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
UNHAPPY5
6 Posts
User

6Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Today I received an email from MYOB listing all the latest enhancements for MYOB Essentials. I thought wow here's hoping someone has heard the many cries for help from users who cant do a simple task of sending an invoice to a customer as they cant even fit the customers name is the allowed space. 

But no. We havent been listened to. Nothing has changed.

Users have been asking for this to be changed for 18 months.

And still Myob DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

We arent asking for a complicated report or new function. We are simply asking to remove the character limits ON ONE TINY FIELD IN THIS WHOLE SOFTWARE.

How hard could it be Myob?

I spoke to Xero today and downloaded the free trial. Its looks really great and guess what? I can add in my customers correct name as there is no character limits! Yay for Xero

3 REPLIES 3
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @UNHAPPY5 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. We appreciate your feedback on this. Our developer team is seeing your suggestions and ideas and will apply what is best for all users to use. 

If you do have a name that is longer than that, our recommendation is to look into abbreviating the name where possible i.e. use & instead of and, Inc. instead of Incorporated

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

CHGH
5 Posts
User
User

5Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Many buisnesses will NOT allow you to abbreviate their name! Eg. I can't use Uni instead of University.

I still can't believe this character limit issue isn't fixed and returned to no limit like it was before - why the heck does it need a character limit??!!! 

CY2
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have clients who cannot pay the invoice unless the full company name is shown. We are not allowed to abbreviate the company name and it has 178 characters including spaces. 

When will this be rectified? There is no logical reason why the number of characters has to be limited so when will this be fixed?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post