19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Update -Improved Security- 2FA changes

Hello, I have my 2FA turned on, but it has stopped working since I upgraded to a new iPhone.

I have reset the 2FA and so it should work with Google Authenticator, but it is not.  I just log into MYOB with no security 2FA requirement.

I would like some assistance please.

DamienGM
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

I've made a Product Idea post: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/AccountRight-Desktop-exit-should-log-you-ou... asking for Logout on exit. Even though it "never was intended" to do it that way it has been in there since even I used MYOB (at thats over 10 years).

I have no idea where MYOB got the idea that users wanted to stay logged in forever (user survey? analytics on how many people ticked the "remember me for 12 hours" option?) but if you are going to change the way this works then you need to communicate this to Everyone: There should be a mass communication (ie email) to every single AccountRight user on the changes made to logins. Not this waiting for people to search the forums for answers.

@PriyaSelvaraj and other Mods: you need to tell upper management to do this. Heck, do we have to hassle the new CEO of MYOB Paul Robson about this?

Regards

Damien

JillL1
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @PriyaSelvaraj 

Improving the instructions is better, but it does not solve the problem.

It is great that you understand the security risk and MYOB are actively working to improve that experience - BUT, the emailed response I received via the feedback process (Case no. 01503847) is different and does not mention re-instating the requirement to put in a password everytime.    I presume that is what you mean?   Not for the first time in the last few months I need to ask - which is the correct answer?

D-C
7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

please have the option to let admin set the 2fa security , we want to use 2FA every time we log in

D-C
7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

update we need use 2FA each time we open the file 

myobuser20
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Are there any updates on this fix?

There is a gaping security hole in your software that has been in place for three months, and despite my best attempts to contact the help desk, I am told to just keep waiting and monitor this post for updates, but you have not provided any updates.

JillL1
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

@myobuser20 Try lodging a formal complaint via - feedback@myob.com.     Not likely to change the outcome as MYOB seem unconcerned about the security issues raised however it does mean they will respond.   A slight improvement on the non-response happening here.

myobuser20
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, Jill - I have raised it with the MYOB team ad nauseam, and the best they gave me was to monitor this post. It has been months, and they have provided no updates.

I will email the feedback email as well, hopefully it generates some action.

It appears many people are concerned about this, but they seem to be doing nothing about it.

myobuser20
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jill, two weeks of emailing and not even a single response from feedback@myob.com

Disappointing but sadly not surprising.

Their attitude to this issue is extremely perplexing.

JillL1
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

@PriyaSelvaraj

Any updates?

Can you advise what the expected process is for closing the file after doing a backup.    Currently if we choose File & backup then at the completion of the backup the file automatically closes.   BUT when you re-open there is NIL security.   No password, No 2FA.   There is no opportunity to sign out of the file.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post