Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Unallocated report

Trusted Cover User

44Posts

165Kudos

2Solutions

44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi there, 

Just wanted to put up for discussion the idea of an Unallocated Bank Feed Report or at least a general ledger option the same as LiveAccounts (see discussion below).

http://community.myob.com/t5/Troubleshooting-LiveAccounts/Printing-unallocated-transactions/td-p/202...

I have clients who I do bookkeeping for and need to clarify several transactions a month in AccountRight Live Plus. Currently I have to screen shot the bank feed screen and then copy that onto an email to query with the client. It would be great if you could just print a report of all transactions that have been 'fed' through to MYOB but have not yet been 'allocated' or 'ticked off'. 

Thankyou
"Unallocated Bank Feed Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2017

Hi Everyone

Once again thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to search bank feeds transactions. As part of this, you now have the ability to copy the search results to clipboard.

If you would like a copy of just the unmatched bank feeds filter the bank feeds window to show unmatched transactions before copying the details to the clipboard by typing match:2 into the search field.  Below is an extract that explains what the export would look like and why match:2 is required for that unmatched transactions.

Attachments.PNG

You can find out more information into AccountRight 2017.1, including a list of features, improvements and how to obtain that value via the AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2017.1 now available

55 Comments
LexieOT
1 Post
Cover User

I have used The Banklink service for a few years now and like the idea of having the ability to use cards etc, and not have everything import as a GJ entry. So we are contemplating switching to bankfeeds within MYOB.

However, I have called customer support and it does not appear that you can print a 'coding' report (of uncoded transactions) as you can in the Banklink software. Does anyone know a way around this? I have a number of clients I would like to put onto BankFeeds but cannot because they are not able to use the cloud service and code themselves (some don't have internet and prefer us to do everything for them).

I am sure I am not alone in this and I am hoping someone more switched on then me has developed a work around that doesn't include printing screen shots.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your suggestion on this, we would be happy to look into adding this kind of report to make managing unallocated bank feeds easier. To see the demand for this type of feature being added, please remember to vote on this suggestion.
AndiG_NZ99
1 Post
Cover User

I would love this feature, I work for a variety of clients that do a bit of coding themselves and I do the rest.  At the moment I have to code all the queries I have to suspense and then email them a copy of the query list, from there I have to recode the entries, this all takes alot of time.  A report listed the uncoded bank feeds would be fantastic.

DonnaEltringham
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Hi

It would be really helpful if we were able to print the uncoded bank feed transactions in a format similar to banklink's uncoded report with enough room for clients enter details by hand written or typing. Obviously this is for the client who has a third party person completing the data entry in MYOB for them.

SnappyBooks
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Yes I agree! Anyone know if this is possible? You can in Essentials but I can't see a way in AR.

SnappyBooks
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Yes, I would also like this feature added. You can print a GL report on the Unallocated bank feed in Essentials - why not in AR?

JenniK
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes, I have been scouring through  looking for unallocated transactions. As I come accross one I am making an email to the director for answers.. Tedious and so last century.  The unallocated transactions are why the balance is out on the dashboard.

JenniK
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner

Sorry I just saw the link above on how to generate the report.. The report that the person above is looking for is a GL report.  Only select the Unallocated accounts 3-8000 and 3-8001   Excellent thankyou.  Problem solved.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi, I have a client using ARL with the data file on the cloud so that I can work on his data from my office.

When I run Bank Feeds, there are many items that I know what they are for, but there are also many that I don't have details about and have to send an email to the client to have him give me the information.

At the moment I have to do this by typing the details of each entry into an Excel workbook and e'mailing the file to him.  He then types in the details and returns it to me.  This takes me a lot of time to create the Excel file when there are many unknown items.

As there are no reports that allow me to list the items in bank feed that are current, I don't see any way to export to an Excel file.

If it was possible to create a report from the bank feeds, list the Current entries, I'd be able to export this to Excel to send out requesting further details.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

I have one client in particular who I always have many queries from their bank feed.

At the moment I have to list these queries by typing the details of each entry into an Excel workbook and e'mailing the file to him.  He then types in the details and returns it to me.  This takes me a lot of time to create the Excel file when there are many unknown items.

As there are no reports that allow me to list the items in bank feed that are current, what about at least allowing us to export the list to an Excel file?