Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Register: Split Spend Money don't default to Tax Exclusive

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi All,

When I'm posting bank transactions in AccountRight, I use the Bank Register window and enter items at the bottom of this window.

When I have a Spend Money item that needs to be split, I usually enter the date, the payee card then click the [Split] button to enter each line item.

At this point the Spend Money window opens but has now defaulted to use Tax Exclusive values!

Why?

Up until this point all the amounts have been tax inclusive.  For every entry, I now need to remember to tick the Tax Inclusive option as my preference has not been remembered.

Could you please fix this so that it either remembers my previous settings or allows me to nominate my preferred default option in the Setup » Preferences.

Thanks,

Alan

"Splitting spend money transactions"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2019.1, when you select Split from the Bank Register the Tax Inclusive checkbox will remember the last setting you used.

4 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @AlanT. I can see how this would slow down data entry for you. Anyone else who would like to see the option to remember your tax inclusive/exclusive preferences remembered in the bank register window, please cast your vote here.

In the meantime I can suggest a couple of work-arounds. The first would be to enter the spend money transactions directly from the banking command center. This way your preferences regarding tax inclusiveness will be remembered.

Alternatively you can enter the the amount and account for  the first line of your spend money transaction before clicking split. This will populate the first line of the transaction with the amount and account you've entered on the bank register, and default the transaction to tax inclusive.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Steven_M 

I am pleased to see that this suggestion appears to have been included in the 2019.1 release of AccountRight. 

Best regards,

AlanT

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2019.1, when you select Split from the Bank Register the Tax Inclusive checkbox will remember the last setting you used.