Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Customer - Ability to set a default Packing Slip form

2Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi there,

Spoke to a consultant on the phone a minute ago.

We did't quite get there as there doesn't seem to be an option this...

I am asking whether there is a possibility which i believe there should be to print and SELECT customized packing slip.

In a similar manner that an individua customer can have a selection for an invoice to be pritned.

Next update for RightsPlus should have this opportunity. Unless it exists and we both could not locate it.

There is an option to select each individual customer via Sales>Print/Email invoices>Advanced Filters

but this is incredibly time consuming. SOLUTION?

Many thanks,

Massimo's Italian Cheeses

"Select default packing slip form by customer"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to be able to select an individual packing slip form by customer, please cast your vote here.

12 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to be able to select an individual packing slip form by customer, please cast your vote here.

DrewMaxiMetals
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes this would be great if we able to print a customised invoice and packing slips directly from the Invoice screen. Rather then having to print a customised invoice form after creating the Invoice and then having to print a customised packing slip from the Print/Email invoices screen.

This is a double up in processes and time consuming for us.

Regards,

Drew

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your comment @DrewMaxiMetals  If you'd like to see this idea implemented, I recommend that you vote for it as well as comment. When attempting to gauge the popularity of ideas, it is the number of votes that we go on. To vote, make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. 

If you like, you can set AccountRight to print a packing slip when you print an invoice. To do this go to setup and click preferences. Here tick the option 'print packing slips when invoices are printed.' With this option selected, AccountRight will automatically print a packing slip when you print an invoice from within the invoice window. The default packing slip used would be set from the print/email invoices window.

DrewMaxiMetals
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Liam_m for your prompt reply, This has fixed our issue.

Regards,

Drew

A-L
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI Guys,

Im sorry but this system you have here of voting does not get enough exposure. I found this voting system by accident and never would have known about it unless I found a link. There needs to be exosure on main page in order to attract users. Unless the goal is to keep the voting to low numbers.

Secondly.

I have just come from another system and am already reconsidering. Packing slip needs to be able to be printed from the invoice window as seen in other systems. To have to go out of the window and through the process as shown is an overcomplicated approach. Also, I do not see a reason as to why invoices need to be changed from to be e-mailed to other status in order to be able to print this. This then requires the status to be changed once again. What if the user forgets? I believe this to be a serious flaw of the design.

I don't think it should be "voted"on. It should be implemented.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @A-L

Thank you for your feedback on the ideas exchange I have passed this onto the relevant team for you. 

In regards to the status of the “to be emailed” options, when you create the card file you have the option to select the delivery status in the selling/buying details. This is where you set the default status for this card file. You can change this when you create the invoice/purchase to something else if you would like. 

Once again thank you for your feedback. 

A-L
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI @KattC

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware of the ability to change the status, but the point would be to not have to change and muck around with the status of the invoice in order to be able to print the docket from the print/email invoice window, but thank you for passing it on.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @A-L

Thank you for clarifying what you meant. 

Anyone else that would like to able to select an individual packing slip form by customer, please cast your vote and post any relevant comments.

Matt997
1 Post
Cover User

This would make life SO much easier for us as we run 3 seperate trading entities under the One Company so each time we do the packing slip (we call it a Delivery Docket) we must change it each time rather than have a default form as you do with the default Invoice allocated to each customer.............PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Rolsie
5 Posts
User
Hi We operate two separate divisions within the one company file and use different invoices and packing slips. In the Customer Card File / Selling Details you can enter the appropriate printed form i.e invoice name. All good so far. However, I do have a problem that when I create a sales invoice I have to go into Sales/Email Invoices under Sales, Advanced Filters, check Sale Type and select Packing Slip (Item) and choose the appropriate printed form I want to use. Suggestion: This could be overcome by simply associating in this case the Invoice Form with the appropriate Packing Slip. Maybe this could be done in the Advanced Filters (mentioned above) which could be used for any form where an association is required.