Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Employee - Lodge Tax File Number Declarations (TFNs)

2Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

I would really like to be able to submit my New Employees Tax File Number Declarations Online in possibly the STP section of MYOB Accountright. 

I see theres a new Attachment section in the Card File for Employees - so have added their TFN Decs here, but will the ATO see this? 

I am currently employing another 15- 20 new employees each year and having to post them all (individually) via snail mail seems archaic, especially now there is STP. Currently MYOB and ATO have informed me there is no such thing available using Accountright, so Please Please consider adding this simple but very effective means of getting New Employees TFN Decs to the ATO and not having them get lost in the post.

Thanks.

"Lodging TFN Declarations online in STP"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

With the introduction of STP Phase 2, employee information including information on their TFN declaration is included in that reporting process. See ATO website link: Expanding Single Touch Payroll (Phase 2) for more information.

10 Comments
JK2
8 Posts
User

I couldnt agree more with this but to take it the next step....we have looked at using the MYOB Team app - the employee can update their personal details, tax and superannuation.  You would think as this links directly to MYOB Payroll, that this could be used instead of issuing hardcopies to new staff.  It eliminates incorrect data entry by data entry staff and saves time processing paperwork.

Xero has had the ability to at least lodge TFN declarations for a few years so MYOB should be able to have this function through the STP.

I think this a a pretty important upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on MYOB!!

yellina
1 Post
Cover User

Hi, 

In our business, we still send ATO paper-based TFN forms. As of today, I don't think MYOB Account right has a provision to update ATO with TFN numbers. 

Thank you

Hari Yellina. 

MyAccountsHat
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seconded. It seems counterproductive that we have to do this 'the old fashioned way' when we have to enter all the information included on the tax file number declaration on the employee record in any case. 

HWSKAL
2 Posts
User

1000% agree with this.  When our business was smaller we used simple accounting software called cashflow manager. Even they had the capabilities to lodge TFN electronically. Was so much more convienient. Would love MYOB to add this feature.

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner

Hi All

The introduction of STP 2.0 from the 1 January 2022 will do away with the need to lodge TFN Declarations with the ATO at all.

Whilst this would have been a good piece of functionality it will soon be not necessary.

ROGMichelle
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Especially seeing how this functionality is available in other online payroll solutions, and has been for years now... come on MYOB!

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Relationship between STP2 and the TFN declaration

STP Phase 2 doesn't change the way your employees give you information about their tax circumstances. Your employees should still give you a completed TFN declaration..

When you start reporting through STP Phase 2, the employment and taxation information in your STP report will replace sending TFN declarations to us. This means you don't need to send us a copy of the TFN declaration your employee has given you. However, you can continue to send TFN declarations to us if it supports your other business processes, such as establishing an employment relationship before requesting stapled super fund details.

KB_CFM
1 Post
User

Is there any update on this? 

There are several old threads on this same issue (see linke below)

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Tax-and-Business/TFN-Declaration-forms-lodging-online/m-p...

But no current information now STP Phase 2 is operational.

gailmorgan
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

From what I searched online you don't have to post TFN declarations anymore if reporting through STP2 only keep a copy for your records?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the introduction of STP Phase 2, employee information including information on their TFN declaration is included in that reporting process. See ATO website link: Expanding Single Touch Payroll (Phase 2) for more information.