Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Supplier - Ability to put card 'on hold'

Experienced Cover User

26Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

is it possibe to put a particular creditor invoice on hold - to remind not to pay that invoice

"to place a supplier card on hold"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @Maverick 

Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider putting a hold function on the creditors invoice. 

I encourage anyone else that would like this function in future upgrades please comment and post.

Kind regards,

Kat 

20 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Maverick 

Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider putting a hold function on the creditors invoice. 

I encourage anyone else that would like this function in future upgrades please comment and post.

Kind regards,

Kat 

Kellie_Cablenet
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'd really like to see this idea implemented as this would stop an invoice being paid when there is a query against it - for example, I have an invoice here that I wanted a credit raised against however it hasn't been raised as yet as the sales rep is on leave.  This invoice has inadvertently been paid by another employee which now results in an out-of-balance transaction when the credit is raised.  If I had been able to place the invoice on hold, it would not have been paid and the transactions would have balanced as my colleague would have been aware of the circumstances.  If you do create this idea, could you please provide an area to note the reason for the hold also?  Thanks Smiley Happy

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Kellie_Cablenet

That is a good example of how this idea will work for you. Having the field for a reason as well would me most helpful.

Anyone that would like to see this implemented please vote and comment. 

Ascent
2 Posts
Cover User

Hello,

We deal in the building and construction industry and have supplier invoices that we need to put on hold until the work has been checked and approved by the relevant persons.

In the past we used the CASH MANGER system but changed to MYOB around 4 years ago with our business growth. It was with the CASH MANGER system that allowed you to tick a box which places your nominated invoice on hold stopping it from being included in the payment. When the payment is made for that account the invoice which is on hold shows in the pay list but notes "On Hold" and does'nt include it in the payment run.

What I'm wondering is if there is any chance that something like this can be placed on the MYOB System as it would make tracking of invoices and supplier payments a lot easier to manage.

Thanks

Gerard J.

Keen
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be easier to manage creditor invoices and purchasing if myob has a function whereby users are able to enter creditor invoices and place the unchecked ones on hold in myob.  I have been told that myob does not have this function at this stage.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Keen

Thank you for your feedback in regard to AccountRight

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Sue007
Partner
25 Posts
Partner

Yes please! This would be fantastic, as at present, all our invoices that are on hold are not on the system, which makes tracking all invoices very difficult and time consuming. 

SPINAKER
3 Posts
Cover User

We also have a need to enter Creditor Accounts but be 'On Hold' pending payment approval and sig off. Todays world of paperless document flow means we do not want the document printed and waiting for sign off.

A HOLD /RELEASE function would be excellent.

KBL
1 Post
User

Yes definitely need to use "on Hold" facility in MYOB Payables if there is a query on an invoice otherwise we have to wait until the next month to process it.

Chance
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please need the facility to put a creditors invoice on hold and be able to note why it is on hold.