Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Update colour scheme

Partner

15Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Partner
Australia

The new versions of MYOB  (as this forum page) uses purple and varying shades of grey. There is insufficient lack of distinction between fields.

The colour scheme used in the older versions of MYOB made eye transference simpler and less tiring on the eye.

Consideration for a more user freindly colour scheme would be greatly appreciated by the multitudes.

"Colours in MYOB"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2013

Based on customer feedback we changed the colour of the reconiciled (ticked) line in the bank reconciliation screenin version 2013.1, it is now much easier to distinquish between a shaded line and a ticked line. This release is available now. Also another tip that some people have found useful is that you can drag the tick column to the far right so that it is right next to the amount, some find this easier as it means your eyes do not need to scan from left to right as much.

12 Comments
rameshpatel
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Agree. It's particularly annoying when doing a bank reconciliation. The strip colour is very close between one of the unticked lines and the reconciled ticked lines.

Ramesh

HVS100
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes, I was searching for ages trying to get the line colours more dintinguished as when doing bank rec it is so hard and I keep clicking the wrong ones. I hear you - I hope MYOB do too!

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
Based on customer feedback we changed the colour of the reconiciled (ticked) line in the bank reconciliation screenin version 2013.1, it is now much easier to distinquish between a shaded line and a ticked line. This release is available now. Also another tip that some people have found useful is that you can drag the tick column to the far right so that it is right next to the amount, some find this easier as it means your eyes do not need to scan from left to right as much.
DBS
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

How do you drag the tick column? It won't move on my screen.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Heather,

What was earlier explained about the tick box does not apply to AccountRight Premier V19, it only applies to AccountRight 2011, 2012 & 2013 products.

The following is an example:-

Move column Tick Box.jpg

Sarah40
6 Posts
Cover User

It would be great to be able to customise the display colours. The display of the new Account Right versus V17 is a bit wishy washy for me.

M8
1 Post
User

We certainly would like to choose theme colour. Purple is straining and might cause us to switch software. It would be very easy feature to add and much appreciated.

Lorraine007
3 Posts
Cover User

I absolutely agree.  Have just changed to MYOB V19 and every screen looks the same and have to concentrate more on what window you're in.  The previous version was so much better on the eye with the different colours.

Lorraine007
3 Posts
Cover User

@Maggie99 wrote:

The new versions of MYOB  (as this forum page) uses purple and varying shades of grey. There is insufficient lack of distinction between fields.

The colour scheme used in the older versions of MYOB made eye transference simpler and less tiring on the eye.

Consideration for a more user freindly colour scheme would be greatly appreciated by the multitudes.

I absolutely agree.  Have just changed to MYOB V19 and every screen looks the same and have to concentrate more on what window you're in.  The previous version was so much better on the eye with the different colours.

Debbie_Simpson
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The 2018 version suffers from the same lack of colour contrast. There also should be a way to increase the point size of the text.