Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Retain original formatting

Experienced Cover User

69Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

69 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I regularly send invoices to customers with a covering email message.

Since up grading to Ver 2012.10 my default signature in Outlook is now automatically included (which is a great improvement) however I find the formatting of the message created in the Message Field (paragraphs, spaces etc) are ignored in the final message sent from MYOB.

The greeting, and body of the message appear as one block of characters.

This is very annoying as it does not provide a very good reflection of the business presentation skills.

Can this please be improved in future upgrades?

GazzaA

"Format of Email when sending Invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2013

Hi Gazza. I am happy to announce that with the release of 2013.5, the formatting of email defaults inside of AccountRight will now be retained when emailing. This means all line spacing will flow through to your email software.

3 Comments
Lou1
1 Post
Cover User

I have the exact same problem in version 2013.3. Looks like it still not been addressed in any fixes since Ver 2012.10.

This is very frustrating and needs to be addressed quickly especially now emails are sent directly through outlook since the 'allow'/ 'Deny' options have been programmed out of the last two upgrades.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea. Currently you can add line breaks or change the formatting using HTML coding in your message which has been discussed here. http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-information-hints/Formatting-Email-Message/m-p/159014#M207... We encourage other users to vote and leave further comments.
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Gazza. I am happy to announce that with the release of 2013.5, the formatting of email defaults inside of AccountRight will now be retained when emailing. This means all line spacing will flow through to your email software.