Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Find Transactions: Find and recode transaction

Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

298Kudos

128Solutions

1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Would be great if a Find and Recode option could be included in Find transactions or on the edit menu, to locate and edit multiple transactions, at the one time. Very handy for busy bookkeepers and accoujtants - esp. those in practice.

Xero has just introduced a similar feature.

"Find and recode multiple transactions"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows the user to recode transactions using the Find and replace function located in the Banking>>Find transactions window. This would allow you to change the account or tax code of the listed transactions.

12 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Kym__Yeoward

I totally agree -the 'fragility' of the Find Transactions screen should have been attended to years ago. It would be great if opening a transaction from that screen brought up a second window.

RonB

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Kym__Yeoward

Thank you for your Idea, I believe this would be a great feature to introduce into the software. I can see how this would save a lot of time and fix mistakes effortlessly. I encourage anyone else that would like to see this feature introduced into the software to vote and leave comments if required.

Regards,

Kat 

Client Support 

Radbooks
Experienced Partner
23 Posts
Experienced Partner

I agree so need this takes so long to change incorrect coding done by client.  Would be good for Essentials and Accountright.

Veconciled
1 Post
User

I agree this would be a very useful feature

KimC
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

Love this feature in Xero. Definitely time saving.

Hales_D
9 Posts
Cover User

As it is available with many other accounting software programs I think it needs to be added. 

Kat123
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please can you look into this as it will be very helpful! 

STAccounts
3 Posts
User

Would be great if a Find and Recode option could be included in Find transactions or on the edit menu, to locate and edit multiple transactions,

TezzaB1
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

Fully support this.   Recoding a large number of transactions takes seconds in Xero, hours in MYOB

Nikky13
1 Post
User

Both Xero and Quickbooks online have this function - come on MYOB you are way behind in this.