Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Ability to copy multiple fields from one form to another

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

In version 19.5 it was possible to copy muliple fields from one invoice to another. It was even possible to copy from say an item layout to a service invoice. This saved alot of time and means you could easily make the different invoices look exactly the same. That feature has gone now.

"Copying fields when customising invoices"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks for the great idea Helen. We would love to hear what others think about this. Please show your support with further votes and comments.

24 Comments
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Yes I agree it is now not possible to do in AR2011 and later.

However, you still can copy and paste text, data & picture fields but only one at a time as in the attached example of creating a new item invoice (on the right)  from an existing service invoice (on the left).  They have been placed side by side to expedite the copy & paste in this instance.  In V19 and earlier that was not possible as you were only able to open one customised form at a time.

Two Customised forms side by side.JPG

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Can we please have the ability to copy and paste fields & text from one customised form to another i.e. it is easier/faster  to use the MPowered forms and copy/paste  the fields to the form you are creating.   You can do this in version 19.   Can we PLEASE have back the abilty to do this with Acccount Right Live as it is a real time saver.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea Helen. We would love to hear what others think about this. Please show your support with further votes and comments.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

I have created a customised invoice in the Professional group and now want to create the same looking invoice in the Time Billing group.

It appears there is no sensible way to do this other than start again from scratch.  Having spent many hours lineing all the objects up and testing the form, I am not looking forward to wasting all that time when I should be able to simply copy and paste from one form to the other.

I can copy and paste one object at a time between forms, but as soon as I try to select more than one object at a time, the Copy button becomes disabled.

I tried exporting the custom form and importing again, hoping I'd be able to change the group, but then when I try to use the imported form, I get a message that there is nothing to print.

Please MYOB, could we have some simple way to migrate forms between groups.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

It would be great to be able to copy the format of one customised form to another, and not just between invoice types.

Changing between invoice types is something that happens on a semiregular basis so this needs to be changed at least.

For those who wish to have standardised multiple customised forms (eg. Invoice, sales statement, payslip, Remittance advice etc) its a very lengthy process especially when there's a lot of formatting involved.

I know that some fields are available in some forms but not available in others due to their nature, but there are some fields which are applicable in all forms.  

I prefer to have a standard format for all documents released to clients and to be able to have all forms within MYOB looking the same it takes hours to ensure each form is customised properly.  

Maybe a solution would be to have a standard template where we can design the layout of our letterhead (header, footer and preferred font details) and then have each form linked to this initial template.  Each customised form would then have the same header, footer and preferred font details with the body having the fields specific to that form which we can then customise.

ELVS
Contributing Cover User
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Also copy between form types or have template header/footer etc used as basis for each form as per suggestion in comment under:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Copy-amp-paste-while-customising-forms/idi-p...

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Dear MYOB,

In version 19 you used to be able to use the M-Powered form to customise a normal form template.  We liked to use the M-Powered forms due to the set format and just edit them as we liked.

Now in 2014.3 I get a "new" error message I have not seen before every time I want to print the template I just spend 1.5 hours fiddling around and creating.  The client will not be happy with this and now I will spend another 1.5 hours creating it in the non m-powered format.Smiley Sad

Also in version 19 you could copy from one form to another you can't do that anymore.Smiley Surprised

Lastly 2014.3 doesn't even have M-Powered invoices so why bother with this message???.Smiley Indifferent

Can we have the features back that did work?

Frustrated much...

Booksinthecloud

Annoying Forms.jpg

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Renae @CloudMindAcc 

Your suggestion is yet another duplicate of this popular 'new idea' created nearly 2 years ago (14/9/2012) on this link Copying fields when customising invoices although it has only 15 votes to date (10/7/2014).

I also note you previously made on 26/11/2013 an earlier duplication of the same idea on this link Customised Forms - ability to copy fields/text removed? though you still have have not voted for the original new idea of 14/9/2014 as @Barry_C suggested.

The idea has been excessively duplicated and each time an idea is duplicated, the votes given to the duplicate idea are lost; that can possibly explain why the Original 'new idea' currently has only 15 votes, I suspect it would have had at least 60 votes by now had votes not been wasted on duplications.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks Tazinx I will vote on all of them... yes I totally get your point... there is 1700 posts on submit an idea and whilst I am busy tonight re-creating a form I don't have time to search for the duplicates.

MYOB... Can't the the posts be merged into one.  

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Oh I see Tazinx it was my duplicate again... maybe if it was fixed we would not duplicate them over and over again.

And for the record I had actually voted for the post as directed by @Barry_C - thanks for checking up on me???