Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
Fiona2012
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and supplier "debit memos" which is how MYOB refers to negative purchases, called CREDITS by me, to apply to the invoices

Whilst the system will take up the credits, the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remittance advice.

The remittance advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information, there is a 'pay cheques' option, or run a report on Supplier Payments History. Not ideal. please review MYOB!

'

LaraADS1
Trusted Cover User
57 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Can you please change the Remittances so that they show any Credits offset against invoices - rather than just the balance of the invoice when paid. 

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for your suggestion. Please add any votes and comments to the following idea - http://community.myob.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/AccountRightIdeas/article-id/1288
phx
5 Posts
Cover User

hi MYOB

can you please let credit note number to be shown on remittance advice automatically?

each time now I have to manually type into the MEMO column the credit note number for each supplier 's payment

it is a pain

thank you

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree and have voted for this idea.

I also posted re more user friendly credit notes - use these words in the search field above to find it, sorry can't paste the link. Have a read and if you are interested vote for it.

junedyn
2 Posts
User

I would like to add a ditto to the above request regarding showing credits on supplier remittance advice.

Pro-Active
1 Post
Cover User

Same here - I need to be able to show our suppliers where I have allocated their credits please!

MMead
2 Posts
Cover User

I am with the other people here above.  It would be so, so much easier for my suppliers if they could see the credits that I have applied as lines on the remittance advice.  How hard can it be MYOB?  Every other accounting system I've used in the past has done so.

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

Please can you advise when you will be updating MYOb so it shows the individual credits that are applied within a payment. Currently we are unable to use the MYOB remittance function as is an invoice is cleared by a credit then it no longer appearson the remittance and the supplier is unable to determine what has or hasnt been paid.

As a side note I have requested this on several occasions over the past few years. Quick books has this funtion why cant MYOB?

Many thanks

gose36