Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remove leading zeros from Invoice No, Purchase No.. fields

Experienced User

14Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

I want to supress the leading zeros so my invoice numbers are significantly shorter - but another thread on this site revealed that they cannot be deleted - why not???

My suppliers and customers punch the entire number into their systems and they do not fit their field and create confusing references on their documentation....help!

Regards

Joe Trimboli

"Leading Zeros in Invoice and Purchase Order and any other form generating application"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider changing the way the automatic numbering system displays its information. Those who would like to see this added, please remember to add your votes to those already made.

25 Comments
kathyg
4 Posts
Cover User

Joe,

I agree - and we should have the option of pre-fixing the autonumbering with letters - either by way of a custom field on the form or as part of the invoice number. We use AccountRight V19 and Liam advised that it is part of the AccountRight program. He also suggested I put it in the Ideas Exchange in the hope that in later versions it becomes adopted. It's great that other people are getting annoyed with the zeros. You don't mention what version you are using.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider changing the way the automatic numbering system displays its information. Those who would like to see this added, please remember to add your votes to those already made.
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please can every one vote for this so we can get some action!

Most programming languages and no doubt including the one AR is written in offer the ability to "Suppress Zeros", I'm struggling to believe that MYOB haven't enabled this.

It makes printed forms and screens look totally ugly.

It is perfectly do-able I'd say that someone just needs to spend the time to find out to do it.

Such a basic feature but yet makes the product look "cheap and nasty".

It seems that it has been mentioned in the general forum as well on a few occasions.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Sales-and-purchases/Leading-zeros-in-invoice-numbers/m-p/30261#M801

SZAent
Partner
9 Posts
Partner

I too am amazed at this, not only to drop the leading zeroes but have the ability to put at the front of your invoice a default character field, such as SZAXXX (XXX being the invoice number)

I have voted for the change and urge others to do so as well

Simon

Selby
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yep, me too. I have just upgraded to MYOB from another (ad-hoc) accounting program which was heaps easier to edit stuff like this. All of our invoices to date have been 4-digit numbers, and now from MYOB we are getting all these zeros. So that we hardly recognise our own invoice numbers anymore.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @Selby and @SZAent I encourage more users to vote and comment on this idea if they would like to see this in future upgrades.

Regards,

Kat

DamienB
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agreed and voted.

trimbojd
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Wow 3 years on and we're still voting on this issue - clearly MYOB is listening....

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No other accounting system has leading zero's showing. MYOB are miles behind the times here.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello,

I do not see what the issue is with leading zeros as they can simply be ignored and myob knows what you mean.

David