Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Get Statement: Extend memo field

Experienced Cover User

435Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

435 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be great if you could extend the field length , as imported bank statements (manual  imports) have truncated information . In Particular with credit cards, banks provide more info than MYOB 2012 displays

kind regards

Joyce

"Extend memo field in bank transactions for imports"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

The Get Statement function allows the user to import a bank transaction with the description being 255 characters - this is the current character limit of the memo field for banking transactions.

3 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. The system does currently truncate the information in the description field when you use the Get Statement function. We request others who would like to see a change in this to please vote and comment.
PloughGuy
Trusted Cover User
167 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Me too - I have AccountEdge v13 and I find the truncated text to be very inconvenient.

Westpac chews up so much of the description with blurb that I get countless lines of:

WITHDRAWAL - INTERNET ONLINE BAN

DEPOSIT - INTERNET ONLINE BANKING

so I am continually checking against the statement.

I would be happy with a scrollable text field of the existing length. This would not affect the layout (which is quite OK.) 

My bank puts the useful information on the right, but this is not guaranteed:

- A toggle button for "Show Payee Right/Left Justified" would be a good thing to add;

- It should probably up near the Rules button;

- It should apply to the both the Unmatched and Matched transaction tables;

- It should not be a preference - the most useful part of the text might be different across banks so we will want to change it for each statement.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Get Statement function allows the user to import a bank transaction with the description being 255 characters - this is the current character limit of the memo field for banking transactions.