Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Ability to convert Orders to Bills

Cover User

2Posts

74Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

The In Tray appears as it develops will be a great asset and time saver. 

If you can link to an exisiting bill, You should be able to link to an existing order.

We eneter our orders (yellow) then send to our supplier. hen the invoice comes in we change to a bill (blue). This allows us to keep track of backorders etc.

If you could link to an existing order with your in tray invoice why could you not automatically change the order to a bill?. Basicall In tray only works for bills only. If this would change it would benefit a lot of businesses.

In tray is a great step forward.

"In Tray Concert Orders to Bills"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @Projex 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the In Tray with AccountRight.

Currently you can only link the In Tray documents with bills. This is due to the fact that order doesn't have accounts affecting it until its been converted to a bIll. 

However I would encourage others that would like to see the In Tray documents to be linked to orders and possible convert those orders when linked to vote and comment if required.

42 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Projex 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the In Tray with AccountRight.

Currently you can only link the In Tray documents with bills. This is due to the fact that order doesn't have accounts affecting it until its been converted to a bIll. 

However I would encourage others that would like to see the In Tray documents to be linked to orders and possible convert those orders when linked to vote and comment if required.

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

An alternative - perhaps if the In Tray module could have a link to "Show orders from this supplier"

- then users could convert their order before matching it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kym__Yeoward 

Thank you for your feedback and alternative suggestion to what we could include in the In Tray to match orders. I've shared your thoughts with the team.

Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I voted for this! Have been entering bills all morning and it has been very time consuming to chnge to bill before being able link an invoice! 

Please make this happen ASAP!!! 

Thanks, BellejayneSmiley Happy

BMCShazz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The steps for me at the moment are:-

enter order, receive goods, change order to a bill, Enter invoice details, click ok, 

and NOW as an extra Go to In Tray, Select the pdf of the bill and link to existing bill.

that to me is adding an additional step to my process.

It would be a lot better to link the "In Tray" to an existing order.

The OCR does not work for me on my system, at the most the date and invoice number get filled in and no other detail, and the way I see it, it would only be of benefit, if you didn't use the Order function at all as it does not link to the order.  Great to have the pdf actually linked to look at in the future though on the invoice, just that as I say, it is an extra step in an already long process.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BMCShazz

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. Along with commenting for an idea you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea's Exchange select the + Vote button.

In regards to the OCR not working for you, I have replied to your post on "In Tray" Documents.  You are welcome to upload the required document so that we can take a look into the document to see what can be done so that or similar documents can be read in the future.

BMCShazz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If I manage to get the OCR feature to work......how should I deal with the order?  What is your suggestion ...........delete the order?  What is the point of having an order if it is just going to be ignored by the MYOB system.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BMCShazz

When it comes to the In Tray you can upload a document to the In Tray and then you get two options: create a new bill or link to bill. If you have the transaction that you want to link that document to already in the system as an order you would first need to convert the order into a bill. Once it is a bill you would link the In Tray document to it.

This idea has been added to the AccountRight Idea Exchange to allow for the documents to be linked to order and also to convert those orders into bills during the linking process.

BMCShazz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Funny, didn't I say all that already in one of my prior reply posts.  Linking the item in the Intray to an order at point of converting the order to an invoice would safe a lot of hassle.  As I said earlier in my prior post, having the link on the supplier invoice is great, but getting it there has created another step in the process, therefore more work and more time.

Don't you folks get that????

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BMCShazz

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that using the In Tray is a change for some clients and may change their workflow processes.

Currently this Idea is "Under consideration" as we are still looking into this idea and taking client feedback. At this stage we don't have a time frame when you can link an In Tray document to an order/convert the order into a bill. However in saying that we are still encourage clients to provide feedback on the idea if required and vote for this idea.

Once again thank you for your feedback in regards to the ongoing improvements of the In Tray. I have shared your thoughts with the team.