Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Show filename of document

Cover User

9Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Cover User

When viewing invoices in the intray, particularly multiple invoices from the same supplier, the thumbnails are useless. Having the file name visible would make much more snese. Either an alternate view (list etc) or having the file name displayed under the thumbnail, or on a cursur fly over style 

"In Tray, invoice view"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @VRoth

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the intial release and ongoing improvement of the In Tray.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the filenames uploaded along with the thumbnails to vote for this idea and comment if required.

20 Comments
VRoth
9 Posts
Cover User

A further suggestion

When linking to an existing bill, there is the drop down of options, but we do not have the ability to have an open order expanded (drilled down to see the details) at the same time as the invoice being linked open to compare and make sure they are the same order.

Seems self defeating

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @VRoth

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the intial release and ongoing improvement of the In Tray.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the filenames uploaded along with the thumbnails to vote for this idea and comment if required.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

It seems when you upload to the in tray it loads in a random order, it would be more effiecient if the file name could be displayed or shown on mouse over.  This would help as I lot of people like to enter their invoice in order.  The only current way is to load invoices in group of dates then go to the next date and so on.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What I found today was dragging indiviually out of explorer gave me the list in the order I wanted but I would like to see a name convention.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Account right

Trine1
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When you upload/drag multiple invoices into the tray they are not identified at a glance.  You have to actually open the invoice to know which one it is when linking the invoice.  It would be extremely helpful if you could identify the invoice once it has been highlighted. 

Trine1
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Dear Steven M

yes i do mean something like a file name.  Click on the document and see the file name that you saved it under.  If I have two invoices from the same supplier I save it under the supplier and inv number as a filename.  It would be helpful to see in advance the the invoice number so I can link it to the appropriate invoice in MYOB rather than having to open the invoice.

BuilderBoy
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if you were able to easily identify documents in the in tray without having to click onto it every time. EG when i send my invoices there are loads from the same company and it would be so much better to be able to label them rather than having to enlarge every time to see which was which.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BuilderBoy

Thanks for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the In Tray

I've merged your idea with this similar one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

AMM
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I agree with the previous comments, it would be very helpful to see the file name in order to record the invoice without having to open the file.  

Additionally it would be helpful if we were able to print a copy of the invoice from viewing the attached file.  At the moment you can only sale the file not print it.