Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Set folders to store documents in

ph1
User

1Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

When I post an invoice or purchase through the "In Tray" module I can only bring in the actual file but I would like to set up folders showing different months (eg. February 2020 or March 2020 to find an apprioate invoice quickly rather than have to go through all the files to find the right one.

"Folders inside card files using the In-Tray function"

4 Comments
Miggelley
1 Post
User

It would be great to be able to add folders to the In Tray to keep it more organised. For example, I would create a folder called "Credit Card", and move all my credit card invoices to that folder which would make it easier to find when I process the credit card statement at the end of the month. Similarly you might create a folder for a particular supplier, and dump all their invoices in the folder to be processed later.

FRANK20
1 Post
User

totally agree with Miggelley.. improving the functionality of the intray would be a HUGE plus.   Would be great to be able to use more edit functions eg. selecting more than one item at a time.  The current state of it is so limited its frustrating (atbest..)

@Miggelley wrote:

It would be great to be able to add folders to the In Tray to keep it more organised. For example, I would create a folder called "Credit Card", and move all my credit card invoices to that folder which would make it easier to find when I process the credit card statement at the end of the month. Similarly you might create a folder for a particular supplier, and dump all their invoices in the folder to be processed later.

jp123
5 Posts
User

Can Myob please look into updating the in-tray function so that when scanning in reciepts and things i can assign to one of the many credit cards own in-tray, or to a petty cash one etc. This improvement would make the intray and capture app combo alot more useful and remove the need for a third party app and filing system to manage invoices and reciepts being submitted from multiple people.

Auscoast100
5 Posts
Cover User

This is a great idea. I was thinking that also having a seperate "In Tray" for each user would be handy.  When there are a couple of us accessing the in tray it can get confusing. I could be loading invoices at the same time as another accounts clerk and before you know it my invoices have mixed in with theirs which makes it hard to find. If either one of us then delete one accidently (as it's hard to tell one from another with the small thumbnails) it can get very confusing.

I think having our own trays would make things much clearer. And making folders within the tray would be good because sometimes we might get an invoice that the boss wants to look into further, so we have to delete it out of the in tray so it doesnt accidently get processed and paid. Then it could easily get forgotten about. But if we could make a tray for pending we wont have that problem.