Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Ability to change the Number of items per Selling/Buying unit

Experienced Partner

25Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

When a supplier changes the number of units in a pack or you want to buy in pack quantities instead of single units you cannot change the buying unit for a product and still have the same product code. I use AccountRight Premier V19.11 and if I try to change the number of items per buying unit of a product I am told "You have purchases for this item". Instead of ordering 1 lot of 20 items I have to order 20 lots of 1 item and hope that the supplier is smart enough to work out that I really want to buy in wholesale quantities. At the moment if I want to be sure that I get my discount I have to ring the supplier and order over the phone which defeats the purpose of having a purchasing software system.

A number of my suppliers are wholesalers who have a single unit price and a discounted box quantity price with the same product code. Since the item is the same in both cases wouldn't it be logical to allow quantity purchasing in a similar manner to that which is used for selling in quantity levels?

"Number of items per buying unit"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages