Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Associate record ID number with item for exporting (updating item numbers via import)

Experienced User

40Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

Hi MYOB Community

My feature request is to assign every product that is created in MYOB with a permanent ID number starting at 1 & bulding up to infinity.

The reason for this is, currently, when import & exporting items in MYOB, the only field you can link is the product code field. This would usually be fine, but when you need to bulk change a product code for whatever reason, you cannot do this without either importing new codes (adding more to your data base then you need) or manually changing each & every individual one inside of the MYOB UI. This is so frustrating when you design a code around the suppliers code that then changes because they updated a product. 

An example would be the attached CSV file. 

This way, when importing items, you would link the data via its ID number & ANY other information you change for that ID number will always be assigned to that ID number rather that to the product code that is subject to change.

I dont think this would be a hard thing to implement as you would prpbably add another data field to each product code & in an update, it assigns each one a number starting at 1. 

Personally, this would really help with my workflow of importing & exporting data. 

"Assign Items a Permanent ID number as a linking field"