Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Journal Entry: Attach document

Cover User

4Posts

153Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

can you please add the option to add an invoice when entering a journal entry. I just entered a journal entry for a large purchases which was financed but am unable to add the invoice so that the accountant can easily see and check

"Add invoice to journal entry"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2019

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

29 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Leekg
3 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if you could attach a pdf file to a journal entry.

MissJade88
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner

Could we have a function to attach PDS to all kinds of transactions? 

Deposits - Remitance advices

Journal entrys - end of year jorunals

Bank Accounts - Loan documents 

mastap
1 Post
User

As mentioned by others, it would be great to attach the einvoice, which would complete the record and remove the need to search for paper copies

Jodie4088
2 Posts
User

Agree, this idea is great.  I love accountability and attaching documents to a journal entry is common sence.   

Della
Partner
27 Posts
Partner

Is there any process on this at all for Attachements in GJE's? 

Just very helpful as well to add the IAS or BAS to it.  

Also helpful to add the email or GJE's from Accountants for EOFY, or Asset purchases adding the documents so they don't have to be emailed off at EOFY to each Accountant and handy for reference.

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes please. 

It's very frustrating not being able to attach documents to journal entries! 

RHoran
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Hi,

We often enter journal entries for purchase of new equipment when it is financed.  I don't think you can attach documents (such as tax invoices and finance docs) to journals in MYOB - unlike other software.  Can you add this feature.  It saves bookkeepers having to store documents in several locations.

I add files in other softwares for bank statements and loans so the Tax Accountant can get the information from the client's software.

Rosemarie

Maggie99
Partner
15 Posts
Partner

This is an excellent idea with the facility to attach documents to a journal to assist in the storage of supporting documents.

wenlow
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would also like to see MYOB allow attachments to sales invoices.  We are audited and auditors always want documentation on our income. It is painful adding it after the fact in the banking portal.