Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Lock period: Prevent Activity slips being entered into period.

HW2
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We currently use activity slips to record staff activities and client billing. We've noticed that even if we select Lock Period we are still able to enter activity slips prior to that date. 

Example: Lock Period - disallow entries prior to 1/7/15. However we have found that we can still enter activity slips dated 1/6/15.

We have since been advised by MYOB that the lock period function does not work for activity slips or timesheets as activity slips and timesheets do not affect the general ledger. 

This has been an issue for us particularly if staff have not noticed that they entered the wrong date when entering activity slips. On a number of occassions they've entered an entry as say 1/5/15 instead of 1/6/15 and thinking that they haven't entered the information when they run a report, they have entered again at the correct date. 

End result is that the client may be charged twice, or for activities in the wrong period. 

It would be great if the lock period function could also be applied to Activity Slips and Timesheets.

"Lock Period so Activity Slips Cannot Be Entered"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

4 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have difficulties when staff enter activity slips in a closed/locked period. 

Once I lock a period and complete end of month invoicing, it is annoying to later find out that one of our employees has adjusted or added a time billing entry in the locked period.

A 'locked period' should be exactly that, and no entries should be allowed to occur in that period.

Please reconsider this upgrade to MYOB as i'm sure anyone who uses the timebilling/activity slips function in myob would have similar problems with entries being made subsequent to the period being locked.

Just because an idea has not been popular does not mean it is not important. Please reconsider this.

Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have difficulties when staff enter activity slips in a closed/locked period. 

Once I lock a period and complete end of month invoicing & client reporting, it is bothersome to later find that an employee has  added a time billing entry in the locked period.

A 'locked period' should be exactly that, and no unknown entries should be allowed to be made in that period.

Please consider this upgrade to MYOB as I'm sure anyone who uses the timebilling/activity slips function in myob would have similar problems with entries being made subsequent to the period being locked.

Just because an idea has not been popular does not mean it is not important. Please consider this modification.

Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to suggest that time billing entries are restricted/disallowed from being entered in a locked period.

At the moment I can lock a period at the end of a month, but our staff can still make a time billing entry for that locked period. 

This is creates problems when a client has been invoiced for time worked and then after the invoice has been raised and sent tothe client, a staff member then enters additional timebilling for the period that has already been invoiced.

A 'locked period' should be exactly that - it should prevent all changes/additions in the nominated locked period.