Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

Contributing Cover User

50Posts

69Kudos

1Solutions

50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

71 Comments
swampette
3 Posts
User

We have just come to realise that the surcharge is not being added to the BPay payment option as it does for credit card option.  This is an issue for us due to the large amounts of our invoices for consulting services.  Therefore we would like to know if/when one of the options as setout by @Suzi_Byrom  will be available, otherwise we may have to turn this feature off all together.  Is this issue currently being considered by myob? 

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@swampette this is an issue that our business raised with MYOB when we encountered this as participants in the pilot program for the surcharge feature to be added. That obviously fell on deaf ears, and with just 4 Votes I'm predicting that they won't be in any hurry to get beck to us either.

In the meantime what could be a great feature continues go on being under utilised because we (MYOB's clients) are being forced to restrict it's access to our clients.

It's disappointing to say the least but sadly not surprising, you need only look back and read over the now thousands of other suggestions made in AccountRight-Idea-Exchange and their lengthy timelines. Just doesn't seem to be at all acceptable though given that all of MYOB's clients have been forced into a subscription ... that increases yearly by $10 per month!

Sally11
7 Posts
User

Hi I agree with Suzi this has to be fixed.

We are a small business and in the last six months we have been charged $5000 in BPAY surcharge fees. This is getting ridiculous and as Suzi has said clients have now cottoned on to the fact that if they pay with  BPAY they do not have to pay a CC surcharge.   We have now updated our invoices to say we do not accept BPAY hoping his will solve the problem but if clients continue to pay with BPAY we will have no choice but to stop using  online invoicing.

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It is beyond me why MYOB can't address this issue.  If they implemented either of these ideas I believe most users would use the MYOB payments feature and surely MYOB would make money from that.  Seems a no brainer and a win win...  Really wish they'd work it out!! 

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@Suzi_Byrom wrote:

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

Agree with Suzi completely, we need to have the ability to pass on the BPay surcharge as well as the ability to switch off BPay as a payment option. For small businesses, we need the flexibility to choose as we cannot simply carry the charges without affecting our business.  

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@Suzi_Byrom I am shocked as to why this isn't already a feature already. I think more people need to comment and vote so hopefully MYOB will listen and do something to fix this basic issue. I wonder if Xero has a better way of dealing with online payments...

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@henry_ and @SharonSL It's so disappointing isn't it and as I've mentioned before ... but sadly not surprising. Reading over the ever growing thousands of suggestions made in AccountRight-Idea-Exchange and their ridiculously lengthy timelines in actually actioning anything I doubt we'll ever see this issue fixed. 

Since MYOB's clients have been forced into a subscription ... the only thing I feel that we can be certain of is the notification of their annual increases. Which started out for us follows:

Oct 2015 $99 P/M (Moved to Online)

Feb 2016 $99 P/M,

Feb 2017 $110 P/M,

Feb 2018 $121 P/M,

Feb 2019 $130 P/M,

Feb 2020 $140 P/M,

Apr 2021 $150 P/M,

May 2022 $160 P/M

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Suzi

I'm with you.  I just don't understand why they can't resolve this, it's SO FRUSTRATING!  I would use their payment feature immediately if they sorted it.  

PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS MYOB AND FIX THIS.  Or if for some strange reason it's not possible (which I doubt), at least provide us with an explanation.

Thanks,

Sharon

Sjacob
4 Posts
User

MYOB keeps calling and asking me to consider turning on this feature. I have told them repeatedly that, as a small business, I can't afford to absorb these fees. If I can pass on the surcharge to those who choose to use it, I will and I would switch it on. However while BPay is lumped in with the card options and we can't either pass on the surcharge or opt out of BPay, I won't turn it on at all. I continue to use another service for card payment options and it is very frustrating.

HBDL
1 Post
User

We thought the online payments were a great idea and a great time saver for us not to have to process payment manually - until we got hit with the BPay surcharge Smiley Sad

Now we wish we never implemented this and will go back to our manual payment option - as a small business we just can not wear the BPAY surcharge.

MYOB needs to fix this as per @Suzi_Byrom