Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Bills: Additional fees field

Contributing Cover User

18Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi, as we pay many bills via credit card to take advantage of points earning, it would be great if there was a Credit Card Fee box to enter the charge into, similar to the Finance Charge box in the Pay Bills window. This could be linked directly to the bank fees or credit card fee expense account and would save extra processing when paying bills already entered in MYOB (as opposed to a Spend Money transaction). Currently we have to go into the supplier and add a transaction for the value of the cc fee and then go to pay bills and pay it altogether inclusive of the cc fee. A finance charge type of window for a credit card fee would be brilliant! Thanks.

'Credit card fees when paying bills"

Credit card fee window.png
14 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

100% support this idea. I just edit the original bill if it's still in the active month but it's annoying with that period has been locked already.

clarkesofperth
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Great Idea, support this wholeheartedly - becoming more common as companies jump on the bandwagon of passing on their credit card fees.

HDG
Experienced Cover User
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

EXCELLENT IDEA! 

TrudiMelbMem
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
I know, right?! @HDG . C'mon MYOB, it sounds like an easy thing to do, surely Smiley Happy
HDG
Experienced Cover User
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Oh YES PLEASE! We have been asking for this for ages as it's so relevant in this current climate of paying suppliers. 

Surely it wouldn't be a huge fix. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I reckon we'll all be retired before this is implemented but we can continue dreaming.

TrudiMelbMem
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I might have a work around. I point the Finance Charge in Linked Accounts to my CC processing fees expense account and it seems to work. After you've paid something with a credit card fee, enter the full amount and pop the cc fee in the Finance Charge box and it'll create the expense for you. I've only just tested it once and it seemed to work.

Linked account.png

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks @TrudiMelbMem Might give that a go.

HDG
Experienced Cover User
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Oh yes definitely. I'm so sick of having to do a spend money for my credit card payment fees from suppliers.  Who the hell even uses finance charges? Sure another box can be put in that area. The world of finance is changing MYOB and you are not moving with the times or your putting to much enery into other programs and forgetting how you got where you are. Look after your core customers!

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,448 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @HDG,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We understand that dealing with supplier credit card fees can be a challenge. At MYOB, we're always striving to improve and make things easier for our customers. We do offer various payment options, including direct credit card payments. We're also keeping up with the changes in the finance world and constantly working to enhance our systems. Your feedback is crucial and will help us improve our services.

In the meantime, feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella