Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Tax table from different countries

Experienced User

19Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

19 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea

Would it be possible to have tax tables for different countries available under the Payroll Command Centre?

This would then make the application versatile for a given location.

Also, would I be able to have my payroll processed electronically by banks in Papua New Guinea? If yes, how do I do this?

"installing tax tables for different countries"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: February 2018

Hi Everyone

As AccountRight is marketed and designed to comply with for Australian Payroll requirements at this stage we don't have any plans to develop tax tables for other countries (New Zealand excluded).

7 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea Bobby_Eri-PNG. I understand you would like the ability to have different country tax rates available in payroll. We would need gauge the amount of demand before implementing something like this. If uses would like to see this functionality, please add a vote. In regards to paying electronically, MYOB uses ABA files that have been designed by the Australian Banking Association to suit Australian banks. You would need to check with your bank if they are able to accept ABA files to process electronically.
Seini_Puamau
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Bobby-Eri_PNG,

My company has been working on this area for some time now i.e Payroll solution for the Pacific which can be integrated with various Accounting software such as MYOB.  

Please send me an email on the payroll requirements for PNG i.e payroll tax levels, superannuation etc.

Kind Regards

Seini Puamau (MYOB CC, Aust/NZ)

Lauitu Holdings

E: caisen@optusnet.com.au

M: +61 406228376

T: +61 7 31624545

DGTimor
1 Post
User

HI!

Need to change the wage taxes for 10% above 500 dolars. Any ideia about how to do that?

Thanks

KAinui
6 Posts
Cover User

@Bobby_Eri-PNG wrote:

Would it be possible to have tax tables for different countries available under the Payroll Command Centre?

This would then make the application versatile for a given location.

Also, would I be able to have my payroll processed electronically by banks in Papua New Guinea? If yes, how do I do this?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with Tax Tables, can you be able to assist me?

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

As each country's tax tables in AccountRight have to be verified by that countries tax office, this is a challenge for MYOB. So far in the Pacific, there are only Australian and New Zealand versions.

You might like to contact The Accounting Solution in Suva and have a look at their Bula Payroll - payroll software for Fiji businesses, that links to AccountRight. They may have a PNG version.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

As AccountRight is marketed and designed to comply with for Australian Payroll requirements at this stage we don't have any plans to develop tax tables for other countries (New Zealand excluded).

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Bobby_Eri-PNG - this question has come up several times recently.

Each country has different tax and superannuation for wages & salaries.

Currently MYOB AccountRight only covers Australia and New Zealand.

You will need to look at other, third-party payroll software, to handle the PNG payroll requirements

(e.g. NAS Fund national super) and the PNG tax tables).

Have a look at Smooth Pay for PNGKwik-Pay PNGAble Payroll - PNG and KunduPei - payroll for Bank of South Pacific customers 

Most of these will have a pay journal export facility, which summarizes each week's payroll in a general journal, which can be imported to AccountRight

(use tax code N-T)

Note - these are third-party products and no comment is expressed on their suitability or compatabilty with AccountRight.

Kym Yeoward, Darwin.