Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Prefill Postcodes/Suburbs

Experienced Partner

38Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I have had a suggestion from a client about when you enter either a suburb field, or a postcode field that the opposing field comes up with automatic suggestions as to pre-fill.

For example:

If I were to enter a suburb field as Adelaide, that MYOB suggests that the postcode for that suburb is 5000 and the state is South Australia

Would shorten data entry time when creating new card files.

"Prefill Postcodes/Suburbs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select an address for a customer or supplier contact record from the suggested picker (which will include the suburb and postcode) or manually added if not found.

19 Comments
h2o
7 Posts
Cover User

This would save so much time.  even if we had the ability to attched a spread sheet with the data on it

cruicky2340
8 Posts
Cover User

I would like a prefill for Country. Australia of course.

Special
4 Posts
User

Postcode auto population on card entry / entry of suburb

Special
4 Posts
User

Postcode to auto populate when entering a new card

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner

This is a great idea and should be a piece of cake. The postcode files from Australia Post are dirt cheap and this integration would be a nice addition to the software.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select an address for a customer or supplier contact record from the suggested picker (which will include the suburb and postcode) or manually added if not found.

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We don't use the Web version so this is no help to me...  Would be great to see this in the desktop version please

MariaB
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Not everyone uses the browser

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MariaB,

Thank you for your post.

We appreciate and recognize that individuals have diverse preferences when it comes to using browsers exclusively. Our commitment is to ensure a seamless experience by bridging the desktop and browser interfaces. The suggestion for automatic field suggestions when entering a suburb or postcode is truly fantastic. This feature could greatly improve data entry efficiency when creating new card files. Your feedback is invaluable, and our team is consistently striving to enhance our services to meet various user preferences.

If there's anything else you'd like to share, feel free to let us know. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess