Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Maintain Purchase Order No. when converting order to Bill

Cover User

1Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I am very frustrated that you cant carry on your purchase order number when you change it to a bill. You used to be able to do this in the older MYOB version and I would imagine it is a pretty standard feature.

When I place an order i give and order number, when i receive a bill it has that order number on it which makes it easier to cross check. When I then enter the bill details and change the order to a bill it gives me a brand new number as the purchase order. I dont want a new number I want to keep the original purchase order number so that I can go back and look for it and give my supplier an old purchase order number of something I wish to re-order etc. I was then told to over-write this new number with the original purchase order but this then puts the system out when entering the next order. I know you can keep the order number from quote to order/bill so why cant you keep it from order to bill?

"Maintaing Purchase Order Numbers from Order to bill"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for the idea and the comments. We are pleased to announce that our latest update -AccountRight v2013.3 has the ability to retain Purchase Order numbers, when an Order is converted to a Bill. This update is now available to all our Cover customers.

22 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello SMF123,

when i saw your post i thought that you must have done something wrong as when you change a purchase order to a bill the purchase # must remain the same. It is basic. So I tested my self to check and you are correct.

I entered an order with a # 1001 & recorded it.

order1.JPG

when I then changed it to a bill it changed to 1002!!!

order2.JPG

I think that there is a bug in the program. The same thing does not happen with the conversion of a Sales Order to an Invoice - nor should it!

NOTE TO MODERATOR - PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SO IT CAN BE FIXED.

Regards

David

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

When this is passed on to the product development team, can we PLEASE have the date to also be retained on partially receipted purchase orders - per Mike_James idea post on 02.11.12 - this has many votes already and I think it goes hand in hand with steamlining the SO/PO order system.

If you have not voted for this already, please do! Search "partially receipted" and it comes up.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback. Please be aware that our product development team actively moderate the Idea Exchange. Your input is certainly appreciated and will be considered as the team work on updates to the software. They prioritise their work according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected. The input we receive on this forum certainly informs their work. I will ask one of the team to provide an update as soon as possible. Thanks again.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

cybersquad
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any update on this issue? We have just realised that when changing from ORDER to BILL, MYOB generates a new PO number. This has thrown our entire ordering system in chaos!

This thread looks like it started in December last year. Surley this is a major issue for any MYOB client that uses the system for purchase orders? If it hasen't been fixed in 4 months, will it ever be fixed?

JD

Debsta
3 Posts
Cover User

Obviously MYOB have never had to track down an order number that has been changed to a bill.

Extremely frustrating having to change back to the original purchase order number EVERY time you change to a bill.

Deb

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree an update on this issue would be really appreciated.  It's is such a simple issue that is causing so much Chaos for clients. Thank you

trojaneng
5 Posts
User

Hi there!

When you raise an order, you do so to create a reference number to apply to a particular job or product, however, since the upgrade on MYOB Accountright when converting the original order to a bill the order-number origianlly assigned is now overwritten with the next available order number, and you have to manually override to the original order number to match the order with the purchase. Smiley Sad

This of course is laborious and creates a possible fragmentation in streamlining orders with correlating purchases, it doesnt make sense for the system to override/change a reference point which is so essential in creating papertrails and computer referencing!! Smiley Frustrated

Please could we have it changed back to retain the order number when converting an order to a bill?

That'd be fab Smiley Happy

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Hi there,

I believe there is a setting in preferences to maintain the number when converting to an invoice. 

My annoyance is with partly received goods, it changes the date on the original purchase order and there is no preference for that I believe Smiley Sad It has been raised on the forum already, so can only hope it will be addressed soon.

trojaneng
5 Posts
User

Thanks heaps for your comment, 

Yes, I thought there was too, but when I enquired as to why it was not working, MYOB pointed out that the preference is referring to quotes that are converted to orders or bills (which of course I have checked), however, there is no preference to retain original order number when converting from order to bill, its VERY frustrating, why would they have one and not the other?? 

Yes, date changing is a huge frustration, especially for auditing purposes, these small changes dont make sense at all.

I agree, I hope our queries/suggestions are looked into soon.

frustrated10
1 Post
User

Any word on this, it is getting more frustrating by the month having to keep changing the number back to the original. Would appreciate an update. Thank you.