Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: Quotes

Contributing Cover User

9Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi - we use the Quoting facility of MYOB extensively and convert quotes to orders and then to invoices if quotes are accepted and progress on. Our system set up already ensures Quotes are deleted once converted to Orders  -as are Orders deleted once converted to Invoices.  However our MYOB file is now over 130MB and whilste we purge old invoices and optimise our file etc etc we cannot purge redundant QUOTES as they are considered "open"  transactions. The quotes currently display from 2008 (!). As quotes really are only valid for six months or so this is ridiculous. The only way we can get rid of them is to manually delete them one at a time. Whilst it is good to be able to look back a couple of years to see what was previosly quoted (despite our six month validity policy) - there needs to be a mechanism to elect to purge quotes at year end in the same way invoices can be. Either that or a way to convert them to closed transactions after an electable period of time so they can be purged during usual end of year processes.Thanks

"Bulk Purging of old Quotes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion @Gerey

Being able to mass purge open quotes, as well as having the ability to set up an automatic mechanism to purge/convert old quotes at year end would be a convenient feature to have.

I would encourage other users who are also interested in this idea to cast your vote, and/or leave your comments below.

11 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your suggestion @Gerey

Being able to mass purge open quotes, as well as having the ability to set up an automatic mechanism to purge/convert old quotes at year end would be a convenient feature to have.

I would encourage other users who are also interested in this idea to cast your vote, and/or leave your comments below.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Good idea but the company file administrator should be able to set the number of days after which the quote is closed not just a number of days as hard coded by MYOB .

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81

Thank you for your feedback and additional thoughts into the idea. 

I assume you would like to see it as a preference in the Setup>>Preferences>>Sales tab and have being able to set the number of days within that window?

Janet-Desk
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Great idea. But still doesn't solve my problem - as I can't even use the delete option. It just won't delete them as they are in the 2012 & 2013  financial years & those financial years have been closed off. Even if I change the security date to before then. I can't delete them off the system. 

Janet-Desk
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

As soon as I try & delete any old Quotes at the Sales Register Information window - straight away it comes up with the error message from MYOB AccountRight - Somethings gone wrong & AccountRight needs to close. Were really sorry. Errors like this are usually one-offs, but if you keep having problems, check for a solution. Then it sends the error e-mail. But no one has got back to me in all the times I have tried. It is a No-Reply e-mail address. Believe me I have sent lots of the e-mail error messages, hopeing someone would get back to me.

All I want to do is delete the old quotes from February 2013 onwards!

AcountRight Version 2015.3.17.3339

Janet

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Janet-Desk,

I can see that you have also posted on the AccountRight board regarding your issues. Please be aware that the issues you have encountered is not a matter of the program being designed to not be able to delete quotes, but rather a problem stemming from a specific issue within your datafile.

I have responded to your post here accordingly.

Cheers,

Tallie

Gerey
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Me again! This is an onging issue and i want to know what has been done to materially address it? It would not appear to be a big deal to be able to organise. What's happening with it???? I have looked under file menu and see that closed invoices is still the only option. Dont need to remind you that quotes are not considered closed. Still a massive pain in neck as far as size of file is now 200+MB Have been a MYOB customer for decades and paid a lot of money for support. Would be nice to see some action addessed to the customers still using traditional version (not cloud). We dont all have great broadband you know. Thanks - in anticipation! Gerey

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gerey

Thanks for the follow up message.

This idea been placed in Under Consideration and it is something that we are still looking into for future releases of the program. At this stage we don't have a direct time frame for when this idea will be marked for development and implemented into the program. However do still encourage clients that would like to see it to vote and comment if required for this idea as we certainly can see the benefit for clients not only on AccountRight Live but AccountRight Classic as well.

Sasueusa
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Can you see the solution for my thread 'Expired Quotes'?.  It appears the only way you can get them off your system is to delete them.  That would leave holes in the invoice number sequence which is unacceptable.  If you do nothing they keep appearing in a pop-up whenever you try to enter another quote for that customer and that list just keeps getting longer.  It would be really great if there was a way of making quotes inactive or expired so they don't keep clogging up the data-file, but are still available if you need to refer to them.  Regards, Sasueusa

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sasueusa

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and quote removals

I have merged your idea with this similar idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.