Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Combine "Print Report" and "Reconcile" buttons

Experienced User

21Posts

79Kudos

1Solutions

21 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Could you please consider changing the button selections after reconciling a bank account - I always print a bank reconciliation report and have to click "Reconcile" then "Print Report" then "Reconcile" and then "Reconcile" again.

Could I suggest that the confirmation window gives you the options to either

"Print Report and Reconcile"

"Reconcile" or

"Cancel"

Thanks

"Combine "Print Report" and "Reconcile" buttons"

Deborah

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @DebBIS I can see how the current system can be inconvenient. We're very interested in hearing suggestions like this, where we can easily improve your workflow. Could anyone who would like to see the 'print report' and 'reconcile' button in the bank reconciliation screen combined, please cast your vote here.

5 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @DebBIS I can see how the current system can be inconvenient. We're very interested in hearing suggestions like this, where we can easily improve your workflow. Could anyone who would like to see the 'print report' and 'reconcile' button in the bank reconciliation screen combined, please cast your vote here.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with Deb, it gets long winded needing to click the reconcile button twice so you can print the report then reconcile it.  Having it combined is a great idea - as soon as the report has generated, the system then automatically reconciles.

Its also rather confusing when training others to do bank recs - especially when they're not used to it.  Is the only area which doesn't post the transaction when the report is printed. (eg. when sale is printed it automatically gets posted).  The functionality should be the same throughout the software.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @interAccounts. We hope to make is easier to Reconcile and Print the Reconciliation Report in the Reconcile Accounts window. We request others wanting this change to please continue to vote on the Idea.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I do it a different way.

On the reconcile screen there is a button that says print. I use that button which prints a copy of the same report as the confirm screen does.

That way when I go through to confirm the reconciliation I can just click accept without having to print the report and do it again.

I would suggest an easier way to do it would be to remove the second screen and users can use the already existing print button on the main reconcile screen and the reconcile button just confirms the reconciliation.

It is pointless having a second screen that does the same as the primary screen does.

My 2 c.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your input, @Kelly81. We do appreciate it. Your feedback has been passed on to the team. We agree with anything that can help make the whole reconciliation process smoother and easier.