Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger [Summary] - Include Current Year Earnings

Trusted Partner

24Posts

39Kudos

2Solutions

24 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

3-9000 used to show in V19 General Ledger Summary Report.

Can we get this back into the ARL releases please.

"Current Earnings not showing in General Ledger Summary Report'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hello @Greebo 

Thank you for your idea, this was removed from the Genera; Ledger Summary Report because you cannot directly code to this account. If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this back in the product, please cast a vote and comment and other information that is relevant. 

Kind regards,

Kat 

33 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Greebo 

Thank you for your idea, this was removed from the Genera; Ledger Summary Report because you cannot directly code to this account. If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this back in the product, please cast a vote and comment and other information that is relevant. 

Kind regards,

Kat 

Greebo
Trusted Partner
24 Posts
Trusted Partner

We use this report a lot to code into accountants office, so i'm guessing a lot of normal users won't see the need for it. But for us it just makes life so much easier to have it in that report.

Possibly have it as a option "Show uncodable accounts" perhaps?

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Greebo 

Thank you for your feedback and comments, around this report. If there are any other Accountants office users and clients that did use this report and need the 3-9000 to show in V19 General Ledger Summary Report. Please comment and vote.

Kind regards,

Kat

Annette_E
Partner
1 Post
Partner

We too use it to ensure the GL is properly balanced before importing the information into our ledgers Without the 3-9000 Current Year Earnings line the Debit and Credit columns do not have the same balance at the bottom of the report as they should - thus a balanced GL.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Annette_E 

Thank you for your feedback and comments on this idea, I have shared your response with the team. 

Jessicaz24
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

If the current earnings account does not show in the general ledger, how does the general ledger balance???

We have a client that has this particular problem, because of a close of year roll foward. How is the problem solved??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jessicaz24

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

I see you have also posted on Current Earnings not showing General Ledger Report  - when roll over performed out of balance trial ... I've responded to that post for you.

TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

Yes, I'm sorry, but if the debits don't equal the credits then the report is out of balance and this then casts doubt over the accuracy of the information contained in the report.  I must say I was bewildered to hear this change was made intentionally.

TraceyR
Contributing Partner
18 Posts
Contributing Partner

We are in a new financial year and still this problem has not been fixed? I don't see it as a "wishlist" type item, the report is incorrect, it should show all accounts that have amounts allocated to them, be it by the system or the user.

JenPerram
Super Partner
460 Posts
Super Partner

It would be good to see this issue resolved.  There is nothing worse than wasting valuable hours looking for a problem that does not exist and initially is creates concerns over the accuracy of the data.  A very small change would make the world of difference