Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Ability to produce across financial years

P3
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

55Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

We have projects 'jobs' that span over two financial years and it is frustrating to have to export the two years to excel to produce a P&L for the life of the project.  

Any chance of having a user defined reporting period for jobs, this report is not generally used for year end company reporting so I don't see it as being a problem.

"Job Reporting Profit and Loss Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The Job profit & loss reports can be run over multiple financial years within AccountRight 2023.1 and the AccountRight Browser interface. Do ensure that you enter the appropriate date range into the filters.

19 Comments
lindas
1 Post
Cover User

I am in the building and construction industry and need to see how jobs are going on a daily basis. The current version of MYOB does not allow a overall profit and loss of a job - only a year by year report. In this industry a job can carry over through various financial years. I urgently need the ability to look at my bottom line figure on a job. At this stage i have to print out 2 reports and them add them together with a calculator. Not something I wish to be doing

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

The budget analysis report will give you what you want I think. This report is not defined by months or year, and takes the total of the job.  You don't need to have a budget entered.

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Linda,

If you more flexible reporting from MYOB Jobs you might also like to look at some of the MYOB add on solutions, just CLICK HERE.

As an example our product BI for MYOB by Interactive Reporting can help you:

- analyse Job profitability over up to 4 user defineable periods;

- see Job profit  at the high level of the Job header;

- see Jobs by GL account; or

- drill down to the underlying tansactions so find any issues.

One example Job Profit Comparison Report  shows Job to Date profit v This Month Profit  so you can keep a close eye on your jobs daily while also seeing the overal Total job position.

Try it for yourself on our website at www.BIforMYOB.com.

Good luck

Jennifer Kelly

Interactive Reporting

02 8912 4110

Cheza
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Would agree with this.  I have a client who has jobs that span financial years (sometimes up to 4 years) and would love to be able to print one report for the completed job.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Have a look at the Budget analysis report for jobs. This spans the life of the job and you don't need a budget to get this report.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post. Would like to see others Vote and comment on this idea. In the meantime, as suggested by Jennie, you could use the Jobs Budget Analysis report for figures that span the life of the Job.
Westside11-13
3 Posts
Cover User

Job profit & loss report over multiple financial years is required as hours are wasted saving as an excel and adding two or three financial year figures together. 

The report when "saving as" to excel does not show the account number on the spreadsheet. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Westside11-13

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

In regards to the sending the current job profit and loss report to excel. If you would like to include account numbers, display the report in AccountRight and select the Insert/Modify tab in the report window then Show Hide columns in the Report Columns section to add in the column. Once that column has been added it will display the account numbers at on the report.   

To export that report to Excel, select the blue button drop down menu in the top left (next to the Filters button) and then select Export>>Excel. On occasion I have seen changes made to that report not flow through to the Excel copy. The way around this for those clients have been to add in the required changes i.e. adding in the account number and then selecting another tab i.e. the Print Preview tab. Once you have done that select to send the report to Excel.

For more information into customising a report and sending it to Excel please see Help Article: Reports

Bostock
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

We have a construction company and keep track of each job. We would love to be able to produce a P & L of the whole Job even if it is over two financial years. e.g if our construction starts in January 2016 and ends in Oct 2016 this spans 2 financial years. currently we are printing off two reports and combining them.

Would love to be able to produce a P & L for the term of the job not the financial term

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @Bostock,

If you run the Job Budget Analysis report this will report over the whole of the Job independent of the financial year.

If you need more advanced reporting over Jobs then some of the Addon solutions can help with this.

As an example our Business Intelligence software BI4Cloud is used by a number of construction companies as our reports can also show all outstanding PO's and Sales Orders on the JOb that are still in the Order status. Clients use this to calculate WIP or just to keep a close on the likely Estimate Job profit once all of the Costs come in. No more nasty surprises!