Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Comparison based report between jobs

Cover User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Currently when I run a Job Profit and Loss Report, a profit and loss report is produced for each job running down the page.  This does not provide good comparison between jobs.

It would make much more sense to present the account categories (Sales, Expenses, Net Profit) down the page and each job accross the top of the page.  I have attached an example, which I consider is a much better format.  Would MYOB please consider re-designing this report in Account Right Live?

"Job Profit and Loss Format"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The Job profit & loss comparison report available in the AccountRight Browser will showcase the jobs in a table format comparison.

7 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

That’s an interesting idea. Anyone else who would like to see a comparative job profit and loss report, that shows all jobs and accounts in a table, please add your vote here.

bhrehirc
3 Posts
User

I would vote for this.

Ausresearch
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

this is a great idea

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @Ausresearch@Julia1@bhrehirc,

This type of flexible Job reporting is available in some of the Addon solutions see - http://myob.com.au/addons/

As an example our software Business Intelligence for MYOB can produce this type of Job P&L

Job 1     Job 2      JOb 3    Total

Income

Exp

Profit

See some examples here - https://biformyob.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202948634-Use-Job-Headers-to-group-similar-Jobs-toge...

All details and a 14 day free trial aare on our website - www.BIforMYOB.com

I hope this helps.

Jennifer Kelly CA

Business Intelligence for MYOB

02 8011 1511

StephKeys1
1 Post
User

XERO already has this and it's a simple report that that's of people use.  I don't know why this is not already a standard report on MYOB.

stefanieliu
1 Post
User

Hi MYOB  Team,

PLEASE PLEASE build Monthly Budgets and FY Comparison for Jobs .

I am frustrating that MYOB cannot set FY Comparison and monthly budget for Jobs profit and loss report.

We need to see the FY comparison for each Jobs for us to better understanding the business.

Thanks in advance.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Job profit & loss comparison report available in the AccountRight Browser will showcase the jobs in a table format comparison.