Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Profit & Loss [Budget Analysis] - Include year-end adjustments

Experienced Partner

62Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

62 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Can we please have the option to include the accountants end of year adjusting GJ in the budget analysis report.  Currently when we run this report the actual end of year net profit is wrong  Smiley Frustrated  

It is a waste of time to have to export to excel and manually adjust the amounts.   

"Budget Analysis"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The Profit & loss report available in the AccountRight browser interface allows the user to compare that report to their budgets entered through that interface. This particular report will include year-end transactions by default, however, they can be excluded if required.

7 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LeanneM

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the Budget Analysis reports.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the year end adjustments included in the Profit and Loss Budget Analysis report to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Locky
Experienced Partner
16 Posts
Experienced Partner

This is a shortcoming in the reporting. Most other Accountright P&L reporting options have a default of including year end adjustments with an option of excluding them whereas the budget analysis report is provided on a cash basis only. Organisations operating on an accrual based accounting system must, as we do, have to duplicate a fair amount of effort in creating the report outside of the system in a spreadsheet. Can't possibly be that hard as the option exists in the other reports. 

PGoonting
1 Post
User

We use the MYOB Accounts budget Module and found that we are not able to produce a budget report with year end adjustments included.

The Profit & Loss Statement report to the Profit & Loss [Last Year Analysis] report has a filter to "Display Transactions" and the options are "All", "Exclude Year-End Adjustments" and "Year-End Adjustments Only".

However, the Profit & Loss [Budget Analysis] report does not have the "Display Transactions" filter.  Can this be added to the filter tool bar for this report?

The rationale for the request is that when the organisation concludes its end of financial year including year end adjustments, the Profit & Loss [Budget Analysis} report cannot be run so as to determine how the organisation performed against budget with year end adjustments.   It would also help budgeting improvements to allow for end of year adjustments to be recognised for budget purposes.

MGCCI
2 Posts
Cover User

MYOB would be great to have the budget analysis with the end of year adjustments please.

@LeanneM wrote:

Can we please have the option to include the accountants end of year adjusting GJ in the budget analysis report.  Currently when we run this report the actual end of year net profit is wrong  Smiley Frustrated  

It is a waste of time to have to export to excel and manually adjust the amounts.   

"Budget Analysis"

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Profit & loss report available in the AccountRight browser interface allows the user to compare that report to their budgets entered through that interface. This particular report will include year-end transactions by default, however, they can be excluded if required.

Ciu
2 Posts
Cover User

Can you please confirm, the Profit & Loss [Budget Analysis] report will include year-end adjustments on the browser version of the AccountRight File but not if you access the reports on the desktop version of AccountRight (which states that it is online on the bottom RHS)?

My issue is that when I run the report on the browser version, no budget figures come up, although a budget has been entered in the desktop version of AccountRight. At which point I am confused, is this not the same client file? I just choose to access it via different ways.

Depending on your answer above, how do I get the new budget entered into the desktop version into the browser version of the client file?

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Ciu,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late response. The budget data entered in the Desktop version doesn't sync automatically with the Browser, and vice versa.

If needed, it's theoretically possible to export the budget from the Desktop application as a CSV file. Here are the steps, although it's important to note that this process can be complex:

1. In the AccountRight desktop file, navigate to File >> Import/Export Assistant.
  2. Choose Export Data >> Accounts - Budgets.
  3. Opt to separate data using Commas.
  4. Select the necessary fields for export.
  5. Once exported, open the file in the browser.
  6. Go to Reporting >> Reports >> Budget Management.
  7. Select Create Budget and input the required details.
  8. Choose Export to CSV.
  9. Open both exported files in Excel.
  10. Adjust the data from the AccountRight file to fit the Browser export.
  11. Once the data is aligned, save the Browser export.
  12. Return to the browser and use the Import >> CSV option to import the adjusted file.

Keep in mind, this process might require some manipulation and Excel proficiency.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl