Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: On which customer cards are on credit hold

Cover User

1Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

It is one of the most important of all areas for all businesses to keep a tight reign on cash flow and overdue accounts, buy MYOB lets us down badly in credit managment reporting.

Need a simple overdue customer report which can be filtered by all customers who are one or two terms past their invoice term.

Need a report which lists all customers currently on credit hold

Need a report which lists all customers over their credit limit.

Also it would be excellent to see if a customer is on credit hold when you are processing payments.  (Like it comes up when you are invoicing)  That red flag would alert you to check if that customer can come off credit hold.  At present every single payment for every customer has to be checked by zooming into the card to check if they were previously on credit hold.  A big waste of time!!

Please, please fix these things...

"Customer credit control"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the post. We agree these would be very handy reports to have to help with credit management. I request others to vote on this idea and add any relevant comments.

30 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post. We agree these would be very handy reports to have to help with credit management. I request others to vote on this idea and add any relevant comments.
Glynis
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Agree get asked for this a lot in todays climate is very important

GateGirl
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I think it would be a good idea to be prompted when some one with their account on Hold pays their account.

To see if you wish to remove the Hold. You need to remember to take it off. 

Also,

I often have 2 companies open at the same time - it would help if you could change the back ground colour of one of the companies so you can see at a glance which one you are in.

Gab
1 Post
Cover User

I strongly agree, it's very frustrating that these reports are not available. I would think it a basic requirement for accounting software these days

Kaidos
4 Posts
Cover User

There needs to be a better indication of which customers are on credit hold, perhaps from the accounts receivable window their details should be in red to indicate they are on credit hold, as opposed to have to go into their account or find out at POS.  Also when a credit hold customer pays, there is no warning or notification to release the customer from credit hold and this has caught us out a couple of times and needs to be rectified please.

Kbeatty
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

It would also be handing when you go to apply a payment to a customer on Credit Hold that something comes up on the screen to advise you they are on Credit hold, so that you can take them off credit hold if you need to after receipting their payment.

bells02au
Experienced Cover User
91 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have put this idea forward before (quite a few years ago) so glad you have raised this again.

Wonderful idea and so glad it is under consideration!!

RKEC
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi All,

If you ever need more functionlaity that the basic reminder letters/ Creidt management reports in MYOB, I would suggest you check out the MYOB Addon - ezyCollect

Just as a heads up, we help business to better manage the receivables process. Let’s face it, reminding your customers about those unpaid invoices is a pretty onerous task. Think of the time spent on phone calls, emails, sending statements etc - costing you thousands of dollars each month.

There has to be an easier way right? Well now there is, and it’s called ezyCollect

ezyCollect helps you get paid faster by connecting to your MYOB account and finding all your outstanding accounts receivable invoices. Within a few quick steps you’ll have a customised template that can be automatically emailed to clients who have not paid by the due date – just the thing to keep cash flowing into your coffers.

You can set reminders to go out just before the due date, right after and at intervals right up to the dreaded “Final Demand”. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that though!

Sounds great so far, but what about those customers you need to keep sweet no matter what? ezyCollect has thought of that: you can prevent reminders being sent to particular contacts or for certain invoices.

Watch this video to see how ezyCollect integrates with MYOB - and if you have the time check out this Case Study that show you how one of our customers improved cash-flow by 50% in just the first 60 days of using ezyCollect.

Thanks  - and if you have any questions or need to talk - please buzz AJ on 0431 249 330

leaccounts
3 Posts
User

Currently I have to drill into every customer's card to see if they are on credit hold.  Surely it can't be hard to include that field in a report?

Merino
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Go to Lists>Cards. On the customer tab, there is a column for credit hold. If the customer is on credit hold an orange triangle will show in this column.