Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Ability to enter just total amount and GST amount of invoice.

Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

The most boring job in accounts is petty cash and invoice entry, and the more unecessary keystrokes it takes to enter an invoice the more frustrating it is. 

All invoices should be entered via total amount and gst amount on an invoice. The program should be able to work out the rest ie if the gst amount was $20 the program should be able to work out the gross amount including gst is $220, and also as you have entered the invoice total it should be able to work out the the rest would be gst free, which is the invoice total less grossed gst total.

This is kind of what is happening in spend money menu you enter the total invoice then enter the gst amount times it by 11 to get the grossed gst amount (which should be automated) and right at the bottom of the screen it has worked out the out of balance amount which is the gst free portion which you enter into the second line.(this part could also be automated) if you get this right then it could easily be adaped to the purchases menu.

So at the moment it is easier to enter invoices in spend money than in purchases. You should also be abe to fix that the first entry line in purchases to alway be gst and the second line to always be gst free, and if you require 2 gst field line and 2 gst free lines that should be a matter of fine tuning the program to your needs.

"invoice entry made easy"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2014

Thanks for your feedback Bossman, the specifics of the changes that you've suggested are a bit different that how the bulk of client I've spoken to use, so if this is added it would likely be a case of adding an option to change to the way you're suggesting, rather than change the default and have an option to use the current system. The idea itself however is something that we're certainly happy to look into for being added into a future update. Anyone else that would also like to see this added, please make sure to vote to show your support.

2 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback Bossman, the specifics of the changes that you've suggested are a bit different that how the bulk of client I've spoken to use, so if this is added it would likely be a case of adding an option to change to the way you're suggesting, rather than change the default and have an option to use the current system. The idea itself however is something that we're certainly happy to look into for being added into a future update. Anyone else that would also like to see this added, please make sure to vote to show your support.
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If I am allowed to say it this is a bad idea.

I entered nearly 740 invoices through purchases and they only took me about 2 seconds each.

The system remembers the fact that you are entering Gst Inclusive and you can preset the tax rate against each customer / stock code and even account code.

Another reason why it is bad is often people will have more than one line in a invoice.