Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Order into Invoice - Keyboard shortcut

DBS
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

16Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

In the order screen, the keyboard shortcut to change to invoice is Alt+V. However, this is also the keyboard shortcut ON THE SAME SCREEN as Save Recurring, so the program doesn't know what to do. I have made this product suggestion a number of times over the years to no avail. Figured I might as well try here.

Screenshot attached.

"Fix Keyboard shortcut"

AltV.jpg
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

With AccountRight 2017.1, when a user is in the Edit Orders window and is using the shortcut Alt +V the system will select the Invoice button and convert the order into an invoice rather than have the Recurring Schedule Information window appear.

Save as Recurring would need to be selected on screen for orders, invoices would function as intended i.e. bring up the Recurring Schedule Information window.

6 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Myob can you please confirm or clarify this. If this is correct, it seems like something that should be resolved promptly. I have voted it. Thank you 

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback DBS, this has been the setup for a long time, we would be happy to consider altering the shortcuts for this of course. It would be great to see what the rest of the community think. Please remember to vote and comment if you'd like to see this added.
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So, a further 18 months on, we've finally upgraded to the cloud version instead of the desktop version and this is still an issue! How long do I need to wait for such a (seemingly, to me) simple task. Can't you just pick another letter? This is becoming more and more frustrating. I have been a MYOB user for about 20 years and think this is a very basic check that shouldn't even have made it through product testing, let alone years of user requests to fix. (Rant over - sorry, but it just doesn't make any sense to me at all and I thought it wouldn't be an issue in the new super-duper online version.)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

Currently this is ideas has been placed as Under Consideration. At this stage we don't have a timeframe for when this idea will be placed into development and implemented into the program. However we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea included to vote (and comment if required) for this idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With AccountRight 2017.1, when a user is in the Edit Orders window and is using the shortcut Alt +V the system will select the Invoice button and convert the order into an invoice rather than have the Recurring Schedule Information window appear.

Save as Recurring would need to be selected on screen for orders, invoices would function as intended i.e. bring up the Recurring Schedule Information window.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks. Sort of. If you use Alt+V it "tries" to do the save recurring but if you type Alt+V a second time, THEN it converts to invoice. We're almost there. Smiley Happy And perhaps the "v" on the save recurring button could not have a line appear under it when you press Alt, to minimise confusion for those users who actually want to save as recurring.