Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Pop up message to check/add customer details

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible to have a 'Sales Note' field where you can record certain notes about a customer that staff must be aware of during EVERY sale?

Currently we have a customer who needs to have job addresses appear on their end of month statement. This means our user must overtype the 'Sale Journal' field so that the 'Description' coumn on the statement will accurately show the job address. In order for staff to remember to do this it would be great if there was a pop up prompt when that customer is picked for a sale that reminded staff of this specific procedure.

I could see this being useful for lots of reasons as there are always special customers who need something different and this would be a way for users to ensure those special needs are not overlooked or forgotten. 

"Customer Notifications"

If a new notes field is not possioble for this purpose than possibly a check box below the existng notes field that said "Display Notes at time of sale"

Thanks 

Sarah

"Note Popup to show/remind user to check/add customer details to invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi @Flow

Thank you for clarifying that information in relation to your idea.

I would encourage others that would like to see a pop up notification that alerts the user to certain customer requirements or notes to votes and comment if required for this idea.

27 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Flow

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and customer sales.

Are you able to confirm that you would also like this "Notes" field to appear in the statement for the customer as well or is it only in the Sales Window while entering the sale that you would like it to appear?

Flow
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven,

For my purposes it would  just be a pop up at the time of sale entry as a reminder or prompt for the person entering the sale. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Flow

Thank you for clarifying that information in relation to your idea.

I would encourage others that would like to see a pop up notification that alerts the user to certain customer requirements or notes to votes and comment if required for this idea.

mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

i like thisa idea - could we have it customised to alter when it pops up - ie i would like to have it when i start a new job for a customer - a pop up could appear with the names of people on site - and if i could copy and paste this into the job card then my customers will think we have remembered there names

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mcv

Thank you for your feedback and additional thoughts into this idea. I have shared them with the team.

Jacqui_M
Trusted Cover User
92 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I think the customer prompt (pop up) should display anytime the customer is selected, e.g. new invoice, new job, opened to view.

A popup prompt on inventory items would also be helpful, e.g. for special handling instructions or cross selling.

Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hello, 

We are starting to get numerous contracts in place with a whole range of different customers. At the moment we are storing the contract notes in the 'card details' tab in each customers name. This could be special freight rates or important instructions about their goods.

We were wondering if this could be a pop up window- (much like the credit limit window), so that before you record an invoice/order, you have to confirm these notes. This way we are consistant for our clients and we dont have to remeber each particular contract. 

Please vote if you think this would be helpful for you!! Thanks Smiley Happy

Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We are also following the same processes as yourself and it is time consuming to look up the information and staff have to remember to check!  A special pop up window sounds great for those scenarios and would save so much time.

AA2015
4 Posts
Cover User

This is a very good idea & exactly what I have come to this forum looking for.

Admin are we any closer to having this new feature added??

AA2015
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Steven_M are there any updates on this thread?? Your last contact was in April last year. This popup would be a great benefit to my company.