Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Ability to move/re-arrange/delete the columns in the Enter Sales/Purchases windows

Contributing Cover User

8Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would save me a considerable amount of time if I could customise the sales input window - or at least hide the fields I never use, so I don't have to tab through them all (or constantly reach for the mouse).

For example, ours is a service business and we never use 'backorder', 'discount' or 'job' fields (although we do use items extensively - thus the reason for using that layout). 

I've found in recent versions, input has become more laborious.  I'm pretty used to clicking around the screen but find keyboard navigation a lot quicker when I have a large amount of inputting to do. 

Hiding the unnecessary fields would increase my efficiency. 

Other people may have similar examples with other input screens.

"Customising Data Entry Screens'"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to customise data entry screens like enter sales, by hiding certain fields, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

20 Comments
Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have spoken to someone at MYOB in regards to the column rearrangement in the Enter Sales & Enter Purchases transaction screen and that these can' t be rearranged. I was wanting to change the order that information is entered into (ie) change the account no and the description for example. In previous accounting packages this is always how I have entered this information.

Can you help?

Kathryn

"Rearrange Columns"

Denise_Cimarosti
Partner
95 Posts
Partner

I would like to be able to remove the columns that dont apply to the business on the transaction screens.  But there must be an option to reinstate those columns if the need arises.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to customise data entry screens like enter sales, by hiding certain fields, please cast your vote here. Make sure you're signed in and click on the purple vote button at the top left-hand side of the screen. If you post a comment, don’t forget to vote as well!

IOFS
6 Posts
Cover User

I agree. I would like to customise the Purchase layout for entering complicated data off a bill for reporting purposes.

I need to have columns for units, item numbers, item description, a separate (editable) description column [this could be replaced with Job Name], account, price, extended price, job number  - and I could get rid of the Discount column.

To have the option would be great.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @IOFS

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

DJays
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

To be able to edit and setup the enter sales screen as required.

Ie) for companies that never use back order to remove this as one of the columns. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DJays

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and columns on the Enter Sales window

I have merged your idea and comments with this similar idea already on the AccountRight Idea Exchange

Mbay
1 Post
Cover User

Hello,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to alter program so you are able to alter sales layout in data entry screen for enter sales?  For my business I only want to have QTY, Item and description, price and total price.  At the moment data entry does not correspond with my customised invoice I have created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Simon

HanTen
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I use the 'Items' layout in AR Sales. The quote layout and invoice layout are a wee bit different. I mostly use the quote form then convert to an invoice when the quote has been accepted and the job is done. Sometimes a quote is not required and we just go ahead and do the job. There is an annoying extra box/column in the invoice layout called backorders. In quotes, I am used to tabbing twice to get to 'description' but in invoice I have to tab three times and I often forget. It would be nice if they had the same layout because when I eventually look up at the screen it's all over the place! Or I could learn to touch type and watch the screen instead! Just a suggestion though. Thanks.

Fraserb
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It seems pretty rediculous that the "enter sales" form cannot be edited.

The layout does not suit every business.

We do not "ship" anything, we are mainly service based, and my employees constantly get confused as to how to add a quantity.

Yes, I know I can explain it to them, and I have, but the couple that dont often use the invoicing need to be reminded every bloody time.

yes, Its writen down in proceedures.

Yes, they have been trained.

and, no they probably arnt the sharpest tools in the box.....

It could be far simpler if it was simply "Quantity" rather than "ship" as that is what it actually is!

and while we are at it, take out the stupid Discount field! the number of times I have found a number accidentally put in there..... grrrrrr