Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Auto-connect suppliers/customers that are also using Accountright

Experienced Cover User

14Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB,

Firstly I must say that I am very happy with the direction your software is heading and I am glad that I stuck with it.

I have an idea that may have already been suggested.

Rather than adding PDF invoices manually to the In Tray, could suppliers email them directly to xxx@myob.com (an email that links to your MYOB account), which would then automatically add the attached invoice into the in tray

For security purposes, a user would approve an incoming email address first so that only approved suppliers could email this way.

Sure would make life easier when you have an offsite bookkeeper who can't find an invoice.

An awesome addition to this would be the ability to take a photo on the MYOB app of an invoice/receipt an have that automatically added to the in tray as well. No more trying to read faded dockets, or finding lost ones!

Regards,

Simon.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

Our In Tray and Online invoicing functionality allows users to set up MYOB to MYOB automated invoices. This allows one MYOB user to send an invoice from their software through the MYOB Online Invoice Portal and have that automatically flow through to the customer's In Tray. Check out Automating MYOB to MYOB invoices to get started. 

3 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @syzo

Its great to hear that you are pleased with AccountRight and the direction its taking.

I do understand where you idea is going in the fact that you would like the suppliers to email in their bills to yourself and it to be uploaded. However just thought I would mention, in case you are not aware, that you are can upload a document to the In Tray via email. To do this you would send through an email to bills@accountright.myob.com.au (or bills@accountright.myob.co.nz for New Zealand clients) with the required documents attached. 

Please note that:

• The Maximum email size including attachment can't exceed 10 MB,
  • You can send up to 5 documents per email
  • All HTML and text in emails will be ignored
  • The email address you are using to send the email from can't be associated with any other files/accounts i.e. the email address is unique to that company file
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Our In Tray and Online invoicing functionality allows users to set up MYOB to MYOB automated invoices. This allows one MYOB user to send an invoice from their software through the MYOB Online Invoice Portal and have that automatically flow through to the customer's In Tray. Check out Automating MYOB to MYOB invoices to get started.